MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

Or you could have spent the last few months asking yourself what you’re waiting for.
But instead you got to enjoy it 🙂
Very true. The big game changer in my recent upgrade cycle has been the Darlington Labs MP7B Phono Pre. It raised the bar for my old Project EVO and the Ultradeck. My vinyl never sounded so good.

Got the table in today and all setup. First records played:

Art Blakey - A Night in Tunisia MMJ33
Dean Martin - Dream with Dean AP45
SRV - Couldnt Stand the Weather AP45

And all i can say is oh my, this table is a beast. Puts my AT120 to shame…
Congratulations! I find that a significant leap in the investment in a turntable often produces clearly audible benefits.

There are diminishing returns as costs skyrocket, but you are well within the sweet spot for hearing this improvement. I hope you get many hours of enjoyment from your new turntable!

Hi everyone,

New here, great to find this forum with a dedicated thread for the MoFi line. I have a Studiodeck that I’ve been enjoying tremendously (Studiotracker cart, considering the Ultratracker).

Looking for advice. Long story short I had to send the table to MoFi to fix an issue, and when I got it back it was all but aligned. I know a thing or two but am not an expert in doing this. One thing I can’t figure out is: after raising the tone arm housing slightly the tone arm is now level with a record - but the cue shelf needs to come down. It’s just that the whole cue part is as low as it can get from what I can tell. If I would raise the tone arm housing more to try to mitigate the problem, the tone arm wouldn’t be level with the record anymore. Right? Or have I been sitting with this for too long so I can't think straight?

Also, unfortunately, there is increased surface noise compared to when I sent it in, so something isn’t right. I have fixed everything I can think of but I must obviously have missed something. Whatever that might be I don’t know.

Any input welcome.

Once again, great to find this forum/thread.

After a few more days of spinning records and im absolutely loving the ultradeck/ultratracker combo. Really enjoying revisiting some older titles in the collection as well as some new arrivals.

And here is my complete setup for the list:

Turntable: UltraDeck
Cartridge: UltraTracker
Amp/Phono: Rogue Sphinx V3
Speakers: Wharfdale Lintons
Cables: Blue Jeans Cables

Back