N&G AOTM /// Vol. 60 - June 2024 /// U.N.K.L.E.'s "Psyence Fiction"

I feel it's a Neil Young record. Not sure if the clues point more to a specific record or how Neil operates in general.

I'm gonna say it's On The Beach, Rust Never Sleeps or Live Rust.

I am very curious how you arrived at this.

BTW, between those three, it would be impossible to pick one, they are all amazing.

not a static act. Many moving parts.
This very much applies to Parliament/Funkadelic, which became my next guess after you said it wasn't Gorillaz. The line-up for both bands was constantly in flux.

The significance of this clue is that lyrics of one of the songs on the AoTM are blatantly and obviously borrowed from somewhere else.
Opening lyrics of the title song are blatantly borrowed from the old gospel "So High," made even more famous by The Temptations "Psychedelic Shack"

As for the remainder of the clues, I honestly have no idea...

But let's give it a whirl...

1. Like the film and magazine Heavy Metal, P-Funk often used adult illustration that some might consider crass or offensive.

2. Like Weird Al, there is lots of comedy in P-Funk.

3. See above.

4. Umm... drive-ins were actually a place one *could* be at back when P-Funk was doing it's thing.

5. John Candy was awesome and gone too soon. So was P-Funk.

6. Zappa was pretty out there for some folks, so was P-Funk. Also, "Apostrophe" and P-Funk both SLAP!

7. Some might consider this album cover to be badly drawn.

8. This clue actually makes me think of "Maggot Brain" where Eddie Hazel was told told to play his guitar solo as if his mom had just died.

1000004515.gif

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

This very much applies to Parliament/Funkadelic, which became my next guess after you said it wasn't Gorillaz. The line-up for both bands was constantly in flux.

Opening lyrics of the title song are blatantly borrowed from the old gospel "So High," made even more famous by The Temptations "Psychedelic Shack"

As for the remainder of the clues, I honestly have no idea...

But let's give it a whirl...

1. Like the film and magazine Heavy Metal, P-Funk often used adult illustration that some might consider crass or offensive.

2. Like Weird Al, there is lots of comedy in P-Funk.

3. See above.

4. Umm... drive-ins were actually a place one *could* be at back when P-Funk was doing it's thing.

5. John Candy was awesome and gone too soon. So was P-Funk.

6. Zappa was pretty out there for some folks, so was P-Funk. Also, "Apostrophe" and P-Funk both SLAP!

7. Some might consider this album cover to be badly drawn.

8. This clue actually makes me think of "Maggot Brain" where Eddie Hazel was told told to play his guitar solo as if his mom had just died.

View attachment 202612

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

This is fantastic work and I love how you interpreted the clues :)

You just upped the bar for whoever guesses next!

Back