The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

I’m looking forward to listening to this because I haven’t ever. I love Buddy Holly though and know at least four of the songs by name. Used to have a Greatest Hits thing on cassette.

By the time I was in middle school, my parents mostly listened to oldies radio in the car, so I knew his songs real well.

5/10/24
View attachment 202551
Buddy Holly & the Crickets - The Chirping Crickets

Buddy Holly & The Crickets were the American Beatles six years before The Beatles. Incredible songs and hooks galore produced in a mere 2 years. They don't get the recognition they deserve.

I’m looking forward to listening to this because I haven’t ever. I love Buddy Holly though and know at least four of the songs by name. Used to have a Greatest Hits thing on cassette.

By the time I was in middle school, my parents mostly listened to oldies radio in the car, so I knew his songs real well.
This was the era of the single though. I have a tough time thinking of any rock album prior to 1963 as something really worthwhile other than a device to collect singles. The 4 songs you know are probably the only ones you really need.

I love oldies music too. I just prefer a nice comp to any actual albums from that era.

This was the era of the single though. I have a tough time thinking of any rock album prior to 1963 as something really worthwhile other than a device to collect singles. The 4 songs you know are probably the only ones you really need.

I love oldies music too. I just prefer a nice comp to any actual albums from that era.
I get that, I do like the fact that this isn’t an album that left the singles off those usually don’t work as well.

I do like the nuggets in an album like this… are they essential, no, but they’re fun and neat historical documents.

Back