Vinyl Me, D: A Free Record Club - Year Two Official Thread - 36 Winners - Like The First Post, You're In For 2024 - 90 Free Records Given Away So Far

VMD Mach II Volume I begins now.

Our winners for October 2023...

Spin #1

20230914_221847.jpg

Spin #2

20230914_221819.jpg

Spin #3

20230914_221927.jpg

Congrats. Or quite possibly condolences.

DM coming to you folks.

Everyone remember - this thing is fluid throughout the year. You can enter at any time by liking the first post on this thread and that enters you for all upcoming months.

Last edited:
Here's your clue for VMD Mach II 10-2023...

As I was feebly unable to initially recognize and read each winner's Discogs entries, this month's record is changing since one winner already owns my initial choice. We'll save it for another month.

Here's your corrected clue for October 2023...

No sweat, man. There aren't really any rules per se. We're making this thing up as we go.

It's a fun record. I hope y'all like it.
First impressions are great...it's right up my alley. I hear everything from Eddie Hazel to All Them Witches. Can't wait to listen again, probably tomorrow with a couple friends that are coming by.

Please post your reveal post, I'd like to hear why you chose it.

When I opened the box I immediately recognized the art as being by Tony Fitzpatrick, which had me instantly intrigued because I knew it wasn't a Steve Earle record. Seeing that there was an Alice Coltrane cover only increased my curiosity and excitement.

I was only familiar with Dave Alvin in name alone before this - I have an album by his brother Phil that includes Sun Ra & The Arkestra on a few numbers.

I listened to my copy twice over the weekend and enjoyed it immensely. I'll try and get to a more proper write-up listen over the next couple days - getting up and down has been unpleasant while I kick this sick, so I've not been spinning much the past few days. I can say, though, that this album is another prime example I love this place - it's not something I'm likely to have stumbled upon myself and is something I'm really glad to now know.

Thanks again @Yer Ol' Uncle D for knocking it outta the park with your generosity and taste!

Back