The Reader’s Nook - The N&G Book Thread

Read the intro and first chapter of the Questlove book but stopped because I knew there was no way I'd be done before it had to go back to the library. Definitely looking forward to picking up a copy down the road. I absolutely LOVE the cover design.
I’ve enjoyed his books, I’ve not read the Food Books, the soul train book or the creative book, but I have them all. lol. Mo Meta is one of my all time favorite books.

Mo Meta is incredible

I actually read the entire book backstage at a festival one year. It was the last festival of a particularly busy summer and I was just absolutely cooked and had very little energy for anything other than the set and the hosting duties we were hired for. I had my tent set up right next to my friends' RV in a sweet spot with good sound back stage and spent much of the weekend at their card table with a box of wine and that book. I heard a lot of great music that weekend but wouldn't have recognized any of the players I didn't already know, or was introducing, since I could only hear and not see the stage.

Back