Vinyl Me, D: A Free Record Club - Year 3 Official Thread - 36 Winners - Like The First Post, You're In For 2025 - 111 Free Records Given Away So Far

Yer Ol' Uncle D

In September, year two of Vinyl Me, D will come to a close. I can't believe this thing has been percolating for 24 months.

I've had a blast giving away 108 records and I hope all the recipients have enjoyed it half as much as I have.

It's too late to stop now - I'm gonna go for the triple dog dare. Or the Three-Headed Dog if you're a Roky Erickson fan.

I think y'all enjoyed the 3 new winners every month / win once in a year format so that will remain in place - spreads more love and joy that way.

It's very simple to take part in this whole fiasco - simply like this post. That's it. One like and you're entered for the next 12 months. You can jump in and participate at any time.

Each month I'll pull 3 random winners from the everlasting Wheel Of Names. If you win a free record, your name is removed from the wheel. If you don't win a record, your name stays put for the next month's spin.

The only common thread of the records I'm giving away is I dig them and feel others may as well. If you want to get a feel for my taste and you didn't follow the last two years, links...

I'll try my best to send everyone a record they don't already own but can't guarantee it. I think I've been 100% with new stuff so far. I'll DM the three winners each month and if you want to send me a Discogs link I'll do my best to make sure you get something new.

If you receive a record you already have or is the most heinous thing to ever make aural contact with your earholes (my taste ain't for everybody), feel free to do with it as you wish. We have a great, giving community here and I'd encourage you to put it in the PIF thread because that good karma will come back to you many times over, but if you'd rather give it to a friend/trade at your local/sell it, it's all good. Once Mr. Postman drops it at your door, it's yours to do with as you please.

For those of you who took the time over the last two years to share thoughts and stories about your record / artist, a big thanks. I love hearing other folks' impressions of the music. The point of this madness is spreading good vibes and helping the musicians featured sell some records and merch and get folks to show up at their gigs. I'm an old curmudgeon - my opinion is highly suspect to begin with. When y'all share your thoughts, it helps broaden the palette.

Post any questions. Enjoy the ride, amigos.

Last edited:
we-re-not-worthy-gif-file-1011kb-1g8v53ozxwdhx5cd.gif

Vinyl Me, D - Giveaway Discography So Far...

Year One

Shooter Jennings & Hierophant - Black Ribbons
Various Artists - Psych-Out Christmas
The Jesus And Mary Chain - Psychocandy
Bette Smith - Jetlagger
Cowboy Junkies - Songs Of the Recollection
Lilly Hiatt - Trinity Lane
Neil Young - Tonight's The Night
The Cult - Love
Lou Reed - Live In Italy
Reuben Wilson - Love Bug
Swamp Dogg - I Need A Job...So I Can Buy More Auto-Tune
Howlin' Wolf - Moanin' At Midnight
The Butterfield Blues Band - East-West
Sturgill Simpson - Cuttin' Grass Vol. 2
Roxy Music - S/T
The Muffs - S/T

Year Two
The Third Mind - S/T
Nick Cave - Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!
Duke Pearson - Merry Ole Soul
Moon Duo - Escape Expanded Edition
Holly Bowling - Better Left Unsung
The Black Angels - Live At Levitation
Easy Star All-Stars - Ziggy Stardub
Sharon Jones - I Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Rendition Was In)
Joe Pass - For Django
Pissed Jeans - Half Divorced
Bobby Whitlock - Raw Velvet
Big Band Of Brothers - A Jazz Celebration Of The Allman Brothers Band
Mark Lanegan - Whiskey For The Holy Ghost
Scott H. Biram - Fever Dream
Eels - Beautiful Freak
Daniel Bachman - Seven Pines
The Knitters - Poor Little Critter On the Road
Tom Waits -
Glitter And Doom
Bob Marley & The Wailers - Live
Bobby Ramone - Rocket To Kingston

Last edited:
Love this is still going, Very impressive @Yer Ol' Uncle D
Your first N&G Album Jimmy Bell has done the rounds with £ of my UK buddies now owning, curation at its finest !
Cheers friendo!

Turning folks on to 15-60-75 was truly a lightning in a bottle moment that I don't think I'll ever be able to replicate - an incredible album by a band that no one had ever really heard of.

Hosting that was a blast.

Cheers friendo!

Turning folks on to 15-60-75 was truly a lightning in a bottle moment that I don't think I'll ever be able to replicate - an incredible album by a band that no one had ever really heard of.

Hosting that was a blast.

I've come very close to pulling the trigger on an OG copy of 15-60-75 that's currently priced at $50 but I could've got for $40 last month! If I were working these days it would be a no-brainer, but so far I keep talking myself out of having a second copy...

I've come very close to pulling the trigger on an OG copy of 15-60-75 that's currently priced at $50 but I could've got for $40 last month! If I were working these days it would be a no-brainer, but so far I keep talking myself out of having a second copy...
The craziest thing to come out of that whole AotM was striking up a friendship with 15-60-75 founder Bob Kidney. He was understandably a bit curious about the whole thing in the beginning. After the reveal and he sold out all the LP stock he had, we were talking regularly.

A few weeks afterwards, I get a message from Bob that he's made a trip to his storage facility and he had something he'd like me to have.

This showed up and went straight on the wall - a sealed OG personalized by Bob...

20201013_024231.jpeg

Last edited:
Back