Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I'm generally not a conspiracy theorist so I have taken the "VMP is a failing business" discourse with a grain of salt. But if there is a sign that they are desperate for cash, to me the clearest one is all the fucking emails I get from them with subject lines like "Did something catch your eye?" "Your cart is lonely" "Last chance, your cart is expiring." No other company sends me such thirsty emails. It's embarrassing.
I get emails like that all the time. Mostly from vinyl purveyors

I'm generally not a conspiracy theorist so I have taken the "VMP is a failing business" discourse with a grain of salt. But if there is a sign that they are desperate for cash, to me the clearest one is all the fucking emails I get from them with subject lines like "Did something catch your eye?" "Your cart is lonely" "Last chance, your cart is expiring." No other company sends me such thirsty emails. It's embarrassing.
i got those from humminguru when i left it in the cart just for waiting

its something a lot of businesses do...

the last minute add ons of "hey I know you are checked out buy what about this bundle" at checkout is kinda sus though

I don’t really buy anything but vinyl online.
It's the online equivalent of going into a store, knowing what you're looking for and like clockwork a sales employee shows up behind you like a vampire asking if they can help you with anything.

All the time.
At every store.

My inbox is probably like 90% this, when all I want to do is just add something to my cart to check just how many internal organs I need to sell in order to afford shipping costs to Canada.

As soon as they get your email, you're fucked.

It's the online equivalent of going into a store, knowing what you're looking for and like clockwork a sales employee shows up behind you like a vampire asking if they can help you with anything.

All the time.
At every store.

My inbox is probably like 90% this, when all I want to do is just add something to my cart to check just how many internal organs I need to sell in order to afford shipping costs to Canada.

Yeah I get that other companies do this, just not with the frequency or aggressiveness of VMP. Using your analogy, it's like going to a store, browsing but not buying anything, driving home, and as you pull into the garage, VMP sits up in the backseat like "are you SURE you don't want to buy that box set you spent 12 seconds looking at???"

All the time.
At every store.

More like, you look at an item and a shop clerk appears out of nowhere and goes “CAN I WRAP THAT FOR YOU?” And even though no one is in the store they are like “IT’S SELLING FAST.” You do this with two or three more items in the store with the same results. You decide to leave and they are like “YOU WILL DIE IF YOU DON’T BUY THIS!” Then when you get home they call you to let you know you left it there and they will gladly put it behind the counter if you would like to pay for it now.

More like, you look at an item and a shop clerk appears out of nowhere and goes “CAN I WRAP THAT FOR YOU?” And even though no one is in the store they are like “IT’S SELLING FAST.” You do this with two or three more items in the store with the same results. You decide to leave and they are like “YOU WILL DIE IF YOU DON’T BUY THIS!” Then when you get home they call you to let you know you left it there and they will gladly put it behind the counter if you would like to pay for it now.

You mean they can ship it you free of charges, bundled with your next shipment. Oh wait...

You mean they can ship it you free of charges, bundled with your next shipment. Oh wait...
Well no they offer, ship as soon as available for more moneys or ship bundled for no extra moneys. Both are we will ship one day when you least expect it.*

*I have never paid VMP a extra fee to ship anything.

I worked in e-commerce email marketing for a number of years. These abandoned cart emails are the number 1 email automation and typically bring back the highest ROI. Unless I’m in a fomo induced rush to buy something, I typically abandon all of my carts and wait 1-2 days and most of the time I get a 10-15% off coupon. YMMV

1718208076447.png

1718296163526.png

The bundle is the same price if you buy them separately. VMP going to VMP.

Yeah I get that other companies do this, just not with the frequency or aggressiveness of VMP. Using your analogy, it's like going to a store, browsing but not buying anything, driving home, and as you pull into the garage, VMP sits up in the backseat like "are you SURE you don't want to buy that box set you spent 12 seconds looking at???"
anigif_sub-buzz-3509-1509250150-1.gif

Back