Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

This is some fabulous coding and QA.

(For non programmers the "else" appearing here is a result of bad coding of a conditional in this case they probably have one condition for member pricing and if not a member - ELSE - display non-member pricing).

I have been programming for many years, and not once have I had "else" display. I'm not even sure how that happens.

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 12.00.22 PM.png

That’s if there aren’t any delays.
I'm going to hold my nose while I order this as that sort of pre-order period stinks for sure. But it's a great soundtrack. Excellent pick by them. Even if it is at least half a year before I get it in hand.

Begs the question about why they didn't have the distribution ironed out when they chose the actual albums though.

I'm going to hold my nose while I order this as that sort of pre-order period stinks for sure. But it's a great soundtrack. Excellent pick by them. Even if it is at least half a year before I get it in hand.

Begs the question about why they didn't have the distribution ironed out when they chose the actual albums though.
I’m willing to give them some leeway here as I am certain the plant fucked up a lot of plans. I also have no doubt it screwed up some relationships with other plants and that has to be a headache to navigate.

That being said, no reason they couldn’t just hold off on announcing the title.

I’m willing to give them some leeway here as I am certain the plant fucked up a lot of plans. I also have no doubt it screwed up some relationships with other plants and that has to be a headache to navigate.

Laurie Anderson wasn't my bag but I could see the value. Morgan Subotnick is borderline unlistenable. The rest of the Nonesuch series I'll be happy to have copies of. Nice to see them doing stuff like this but pulling then series makes me think that they're heading in a different direction now which would be a real shame

Laurie Anderson wasn't my bag but I could see the value. Morgan Subotnick is borderline unlistenable. The rest of the Nonesuch series I'll be happy to have copies of. Nice to see them doing stuff like this but pulling then series makes me think that they're heading in a different direction now which would be a real shame
They definitely went in a different direction - some of the titles will be rotm. I think it was decent series. I think the prices have been bananas.

They definitely went in a different direction - some of the titles will be rotm. I think it was decent series. I think the prices have been bananas.
If they'd done it as an anthology with a nice box, history of type of book and charged the members price (cumulative) I'd have ponied up for that though. Despite the one I'd never listen to being in there. I just think it's been such an interesting and eclectic series. Really, really good curation by whoever picked the set.

If they'd done it as an anthology with a nice box, history of type of book and charged the members price (cumulative) I'd have ponied up for that though. Despite the one I'd never listen to being in there. I just think it's been such an interesting and eclectic series. Really, really good curation by whoever picked the set.
If it had been an anthology it would have been like a thousand dollars. Lol

Cashflow needs. Doesn’t feel nefarious or close to Bandbox-levels of carny. I think things will level out eventually, but then again maybe I’m ignorantly optimistic here.
yea--i think the plant shenanigans definitely fucked some stuff up financially and in terms of scheduling. can't remember the exact timeline of when nonesuch was announced vs when VMP fired all the plant folks...

I have an order that has been put back to December, was originally slated for July I think, it’s a long wait.
I half wonder if I will ever see some of these orders. Defo less certain of their survival. On a plus side my one off return for the 8 freebies plus a few additional credits for their fuck ups already, have put me pretty square regardless if whether I see another record.

Is the plant dead ? It appeared to be so close to ready, but had a number of snags . I suppose the court case has stopped it in its tracks but seems worse to just abandon it. Wonder what happened to sound dude who was managing whole process forget his name….

Back