Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I have an order that has been put back to December, was originally slated for July I think, it’s a long wait.

Is the plant dead ? It appeared to be so close to ready, but had a number of snags . I suppose the court case has stopped it in its tracks but seems worse to just abandon it. Wonder what happened to sound dude who was managing whole process forget his name….
The plant and VMP's relationship is dead. Unless VMP somehow ends up with the plant in the settlement, I imagine that either the plant will be liquidated, or somehow the plant will get outside funding and remain open, but press non-VMP stuff. All the outside funding for the plant was lost and Cam was supposedly using VMP money to fund it. Wonder what's happening to Gary Salstrom...VMP was paying his salary.

The plant and VMP's relationship is dead. Unless VMP somehow ends up with the plant in the settlement, I imagine that either the plant will be liquidated, or somehow the plant will get outside funding and remain open, but press non-VMP stuff. All the outside funding for the plant was lost and Cam was supposedly using VMP money to fund it. Wonder what's happening to Gary Salstrom...VMP was paying his salary.

Yeah I suppose that’s my point, if VMP basically funded it and it appeared so close to ready, could-behind the scenes discussions not made this work rather than a big messy shitshow and huge delays on orders anyhow ?
I mean everyone thought it was VMPs plant anyhow, fuck me it said VMP on the wall !
Your guess on grabbing the ownership makes perfect sense, but again surely that could have been done quietly.

Yeah I suppose that’s my point, if VMP basically funded it and it appeared so close to ready, could-behind the scenes discussions not made this work rather than a big messy shitshow and huge delays on orders anyhow ?
I mean everyone thought it was VMPs plant anyhow, fuck me it said VMP on the wall !
Seems like some dodgy stuff was going on behind the scenes...enough to make a bunch of people get fired and a lawsuit to occur. Last I had heard, the plant had just started testing plating stuff. If there was some shady stuff going on, then I'm not surprised they would sever the relationship. Sorta seemed like the plant owners (Cam and co) were bleeding VMP dry and hiding some costs.

Was Storf high when he wrote the description for the Louis Armstrong album? Just saw it in my email and I might get the album but his description is off by like 12 years haha! This recording happened in 1968 unless I’m completely missing something. View attachment 203742
now that " Waht a wonderful world " from this release is on streaming it is pretty clear that he is not backed by the Royal Philharmonic. Just by his band. So something like "it sounds impeccable" is definitely bullshit, because he can nerver have herad the record when he claimed this.

They had started giving tours out to journalists and YouTubers awhile back. Curious to see what this is about and how recent the guy’s tour is.

From the lawsuit, it seemed like most of the plant salaries were coming from VMP (which has now been cut off) and they had no outside funding…
We've only seen the board's side of this in the lawsuit. I'm curious to know what the defense will have to say. The part that throws me, and appears as a major conflict of interest, is that VMP signed a huge contract that they paid in advance for the plant's services. But it didn't sound like they were suing for breach of contract. So it seems like a lot of the case will come down to how that contract reads to a judge. The problem, of course (and here's where the conflict of interest plays a huge role), is that it looks like the contract was given by the three who were ousted to themselves. And I'm not sure of how the law would interpret that if there wasn't technically a beach. Whether the board approved that or not and how much they knew that VMP was signing on to is still unclear.

No matter how the cards fall, I hope the plant does still open and that we get another quality plant in the US. The only person I really feel bad for in all of this is the fella they poached. He's the one getting the biggest shaft, beside us as their customer base who were sold something that they now can't deliver on.

They had started giving tours out to journalists and YouTubers awhile back. Curious to see what this is about and how recent the guy’s tour is.

From the lawsuit, it seemed like most of the plant salaries were coming from VMP (which has now been cut off) and they had no outside funding…
Supposedly the tour happens tomorrow? He announced he was going last week. I didn’t watch the announcement video.

Back