XenForo 2.3

RenegadeMonster

Now Spinning
Admin
XenForo 2.3 has reached release candidate stage and it's release is likely at anytime within the next few weeks.

This will be the most significant upgrade XenForo has released since we launched our community. There will be new features as well as changes to the look and feel.

I don't know when the exact release date will be, but I plan on upgrading us shortly after it's release. This update shouldn't impact the community much in terms of downtown while I'm upgrading. It's more so a heads up that you will notice changes.

XenForo 2.3 has reached release candidate stage and it's release is likely at anytime within the next few weeks.

This will be the most significant upgrade XenForo has released since we launched our community. There will be new features as well as changes to the look and feel.

I don't know when the exact release date will be, but I plan on upgrading us shortly after it's release. This update shouldn't impact the community much in terms of downtown while I'm upgrading. It's more so a heads up that you will notice changes.
Looking forward to it. And as always thank you so much for the work you do for us!

Working on creating a new theme/template for Needles & Grooves for XenForo 2.3 and matching it as close as possible to our existing theme.

One big change is we will no longer have separate templates for Light and Dark. It's all going to be the same template now, and which theme shows will depend on your light/dark mode preference at the OS level by default. You will however, have the ability to set your preference for either light or dark mode as well.

XenForo 2.3 has been officially released now.

Does any one have any preference as to whether or not I do the upgrade on a weekday morning or over the weekend. We may have an hour or so of downtime during the upgrade process.

There were less than 10 people online so I went ahead with the update as the final version of XenForo 2.3 could automatically upgrade, and didn't require me to upload all the files to the server and manually update. So it took like 5 minutes.

I'm going to have to do some server maintenance to install the latest patches and update us to PHP 8.3 soon. Which would be where we would see the hour of downtime.

I'm going to continue tweaking the theme to better match what we had. I had to build us an entire new template for XenForo 2.3. Please let me know if anything looks funky or hard to read due to poor contrast.

In the recent posts bit of the front page, did the old version used to have "Thread" at the front of it?

Sorry, one other thing - is a person's post count missing from under their avatar?

Sorry, one other thing - is a person's post count missing from under their avatar?

I didn't notice that until you just mentioned it. Location is missing as well.

But it doesn't appear that it's missing, it looks like XenForo removed it in their updated templates. It doesn't exist on the default XenForo template there anymore either, nor on their corporate forums. Interesting.

Yeah, I have occasionally seen that like issue from time to time. It's always been a thing. I've only ever seen it when I left a chrome tab open I haven't visited for more than a day and then like something without refreshing the page.

It also happened to me after the upgrade for only the first profile status post I liked and haven't seen it since.

Sorry, one other thing to add to the snagging list - did we not used to have a page selection option at the tops of the page as well as the bottom in mobile? I’ll sometimes open a thread I haven’t been in for a while and it opens on the first page - I’m sure I could go to the last page at the top of the thread?

Which things are looking the most different too you / finding disorienting?
Oh no, you took me seriously! I was just being silly, the changes look great :)

What stood out most for me was the sidebar on the right and the colour of the page number buttons, but I do like them!

Back