It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Weren’t they playing a village pub team? That’s some shithousery to go full tilt and stick 27 past them!
Yea it was a local squad haha forreal tho. I don't know if this was supposed to make some of the big guys feel good for scoring five goals in a match or what !?! Lmao pretty sure I don't get better when I dominate fifa on easy mode

Yea it was a local squad haha forreal tho. I don't know if this was supposed to make some of the big guys feel good for scoring five goals in a match or what !?! Lmao pretty sure I don't get better when I dominate fifa on easy mode

I think it’s a tradition where they go to a local village team for the first game of pre season and it brings a bit of excitement and fun and money to the village. Scoring 27 is a little harsh though. They could easily have scored 7 or 8 and then eased up and pulled out the tricks and put on a bit of a show!

I think it’s a tradition where they go to a local village team for the first game of pre season and it brings a bit of excitement and fun and money to the village. Scoring 27 is a little harsh though. They could easily have scored 7 or 8 and then eased up and pulled out the tricks and put on a bit of a show!
I wonder if the local squad hit Bayern with the, "we're only going to play if you go all out Don't hold back! We wanna see the final result!"

Well yea u were under 10! Not 20s-40s playing pros before u smash pints! 🤣

This will make you laugh, and was probably part of the reason why England never produced small technical players back in the day.

There were no small sided games. We were 9 playing on full sized pitches with full sized goals. The other side had a big lad who could kick the ball hard. Our keeper couldn’t touch the crossbar…

Hear me out...The gold stripes on the home kits. The highlighter away kits a la the City third kits from last season (the color choice not the design)The MLS all star game.....they all really thought we had the league won 😭

Apparently 3.5 billion people watched the Messi introduction on Sunday. Which is amazing considering the audio difficulties.

And I guess all of the clubs are willing to lay down grass whenever Messi has a match in their stadium.

Apparently 3.5 billion people watched the Messi introduction on Sunday. Which is amazing considering the audio difficulties.

And I guess all of the clubs are willing to lay down grass whenever Messi has a match in their stadium.
that's got to be views and not individual viewers. I don't believe half the world watched his unveiling. Could be aggregate views across multiple channels. 1.5 Billion people watched the WC Final, 3.5 billion watched a player unveiled? no way.

that's got to be views and not individual viewers. I don't believe half the world watched his unveiling. Could be aggregate views across multiple channels. 1.5 Billion people watched the WC Final, 3.5 billion watched a player unveiled? no way.

It's an incredible number either way.

I know Europe is always going to be the king of football and I know that Messi's best days are behind him, but it appears that Beckham really put in a lot of work to make this happen. He hasn't played a match yet, but the league is already going to have to make changes for the better. I will say, it would be nice to see some of the bigger American players want to play here before jetting off to Europe, but maybe that will change when the owners/league open the check books.

I know Europe is always going to be the king of football and I know that Messi's best days are behind him, but it appears that Beckham really put in a lot of work to make this happen. He hasn't played a match yet, but the league is already going to have to make changes for the better. I will say, it would be nice to see some of the bigger American players want to play here before jetting off to Europe, but maybe that will change when the owners/league open the check books.

I think it’s also a bit to do with youth development. If you get a chance to go to one of the big academies in Europe the level of training you’re getting and the competition that you’re up against even with your age group at your club is going to be a step above. It can be a double edged sword in that only 1 or 2 from an age group will make it at any given club and the system has a habit of spitting players out, but the opportunity is just too big to turn down.

Sort out youth development within clubs and you could operate a model similar to some of the smaller European nations like the Netherlands. Bring through top quality youngsters with the promise of first team football young in a good quality league and then look to sell them for a big fee at 21-23.

The aging stars can also be a problem there in that they block the pathway but a Messi doesn’t fall into that category so much given his profile and the fact that he’ll still in his late 30s be comfortably the best player in the league.

Back