My Morning Jacket

Psted this elsewhere, but noticed a thread for it ....

Any thoughts on this Album.
Received an email for this anniversary 3 lp edition yesterday

I own a decent amount of MMJ - Given Z and Okonokos a good listen and enjoy.
Guilty of neglecting Waterfall, Evil Urges and It Moves.

I think we have all gone down the road of buying too much of one artist. Not sure if this counts tho.

If you've ever seen them live - odds are you are getting something from At Dawn.

Phone Went West and The Way He Sings are frequently in the set list.
At Dawn and Low Down are less used but not infrequent in sets.

Some fans love this album and you might too.

Ignoring Evil Urges is a criminal offense.

Psted this elsewhere, but noticed a thread for it ....

Any thoughts on this Album.
Received an email for this anniversary 3 lp edition yesterday

I own a decent amount of MMJ - Given Z and Okonokos a good listen and enjoy.
Guilty of neglecting Waterfall, Evil Urges and It Moves.

I think we have all gone down the road of buying too much of one artist. Not sure if this counts tho.

Echoing everyone else - 1) don’t sleep on It Still Moves 🎸, and 2) At Dawn has some classic MMJ tracks - Lowdown & Phone are faves for me. The solo acoustic renditions on disc 3 of this edition are a nice bonus too.

Presale is happening now.....Anyone have the artist presale code? Trying to hit the Jacksonville show
Nevermind! There were standard seats being sold as well....kind of strange I didn't need a passcode even tho it was artist presale....Made out with some Row A seats in the 2nd level for under 100 a pop!

Found out for the Jacksonville show they are the opener...I guess I'll have to brush up on my Nathaniel Rateliff. I thought NR&TNS would be opening and i'd just catch the last 4 or 5 bangers on their set!

Side note: After many years of being a fan but never making a trip to see them (mostly because they never came close to Tampa whn I found out I was a fan) I am finally going to see them live!

Found out for the Jacksonville show they are the opener...I guess I'll have to brush up on my Nathaniel Rateliff. I thought NR&TNS would be opening and i'd just catch the last 4 or 5 bangers on their set!

Side note: After many years of being a fan but never making a trip to see them (mostly because they never came close to Tampa whn I found out I was a fan) I am finally going to see them live!
Now you can just leave early, beat traffic and be in bed by the time Nathaniel Rateliff is playing "S.O.B"

I probably will TBH. The show is on a Monday night and Jacksonville is a 3 hour drive from me. Definitely wont be in to work early Tuesday lol
Ok, I retract what I said about being home by "S.O.B." though.

Enjoy the show. I had the very fortunate pleasure of seeing MMJ twice at a very small venue (Chameleon Club in Lancaster, PA) supporting It Still Moves and Z. I probably didn't realize at the time what a great opportunity it was but I never take for granted that I had a chance to see them in such a small space. I haven't seen them live since then but I can just imagine they are fantastic in any setting.

Back