Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 51 - September 2023 Two-Fer/// Daniel Bachman - Seven Pines and Almanac Behind - See Post #2

I'm appalled that you would pick the start of the long slide down of Mumford and Sons... lol
220px-Mumford_%26_Sons_-_Wilder_Mind.png

First Toby Keith and now Mumford & Sons.

You, sir, shall be hearing from my lawyers...

Last edited:
Well shit, I am out of actual ideas. Where the fuck is @avecigrec ???

I'm still playing recovery and catch-up from our family trip and feeling even further behind than anywhere near caught up (baby choosing to barely sleep last night sure didn't help!) I haven't felt anywhere near brain-y enough to try and sort these clues out. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to sit with this a bit!

I'm still playing recovery and catch-up from our family trip and feeling even further behind than anywhere near caught up (baby choosing to barely sleep last night sure didn't help!) I haven't felt anywhere near brain-y enough to try and sort these clues out. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to sit with this a bit!

We're

Not on vinyl, but everything I've listened to by Geiger von Müller is great. Trying to find a slide guitarist who doesn't do blues or rock is a fun rabbit hole.

Not on vinyl, but everything I've listened to by Geiger von Müller is great. Trying to find a slide guitarist who doesn't do blues or rock is a fun rabbit hole.

There is some slide involved here and there but this isn't slide-centric music by any means.

are they available? Cause I should have them.

no idea. lots of clues potentially fit - duo, their albums have black & white covers, the obvious civil war clue references, al gore/the band have tennessee history, instrumentation clues... not sure uncle d would be too on the nose with these like this but who knows, i was just surprised no one had thrown them out as a potential aotm, SO I DID!

This could mean that there is a Black person and a White person in the band. Or it's Devo.

no idea. lots of clues potentially fit - duo, their albums have black & white covers, the obvious civil war clue references, al gore/the band have tennessee history, instrumentation clues... not sure uncle d would be too on the nose with these like this but who knows, i was just surprised no one had thrown them out as a potential aotm, SO I DID!
While the black/white thing was impressively observant and I applaud everyone who picked up on that, it was total coincidence with the pics I chose as clues.

There's no black/white connection here.

I are not enough smart to do it.

But it could still be Devo.

(It's not Devo. I have that on good advice per General Boy)

Back