Pre-Order Thread

Les Claypool non-Primus vinyl boxset.

Also available on Amazon. Ships February 2024. $125.

Deluxe edition available with signed poster and t-shirt for $229 on Club Bastardo.

Give me my Holy Mackerel

With a side of oysters and sausage please.

At least I kind of understand why those two aren't included, although I guess that Bucket Of Bernie Brains could also be considered a larger collab project outside of his "solo work." Oysterhead and Sausage both deserve individual reissues outside of a box set. There is no excuse for leaving Holy Mackerel out of a Claypool solo box. Above anything, that's what makes it feel weird and incomplete for me. Plus, it's never had a single vinyl release.

That Sausage has been on my want list forever. There's a random red pressing out there somewhere, but I'll never own it.

88104310_040_b

also this:

At least I kind of understand why those two aren't included, although I guess that Bucket Of Bernie Brains could also be considered a larger collab project outside of his "solo work." Oysterhead and Sausage both deserve individual reissues outside of a box set. There is no excuse for leaving Holy Mackerel out of a Claypool solo box. Above anything, that's what makes it feel weird and incomplete for me. Plus, it's never had a single vinyl release.

That Sausage has been on my want list forever. There's a random red pressing out there somewhere, but I'll never own it.
Yeah, that red pressing is around $300+ right now. I ended up buying the CD for $4 to tide me over until a repress happens. Bummer that Holy Mackerel didn't make the new boxset. Interscope was involved, so maybe some tie up with ownership of the music? I don't really know how that stuff works. Regardless, still rocking the CD on that one as well. Same for The Grand Pecking Order.

Yeah, that red pressing is around $300+ right now. I ended up buying the CD for $4 to tide me over until a repress happens. Bummer that Holy Mackerel didn't make the new boxset. Interscope was involved, so maybe some tie up with ownership of the music? I don't really know how that stuff works. Regardless, still rocking the CD on that one as well. Same for The Grand Pecking Order.

I remember when that Holy Mackerel live tour happened and I was too young to get into the show. I still have my original Sausage CD and I got to catch the Seattle, Salem, and Berkeley shows of that 2001 Oysterhead tour. I was really hoping they'd do some shows out this way, when they started playing again, but that didn't seem to happen. It looked like things were getting started back up and I even thought I heard something about an Oysterhead reissue, but maybe I'm imagining things

Last edited:

For the 90's Indie / Emo fans. This is a really awesome discography right here.

Further Seems Forever - How to Start a Fire 20th anniversary (remastered for vinyl)

Back