The Needles & Grooves May 2024 Omniversal Spin Challenge Arkestra

May 8 - Advice To Medics

The Amboy Dukes - Journey to the Center of the Mind

Features the track Dr. Slingshot and the advice they need is to ignore anything that d-bag Ted Nugent has to say. In fact, maybe the advice is that he should have Kevorkianed Nugent in 68 when this album came out so that we wouldn't have been forced to know about the Nugent of today. This thing smokes. I just really have to focus on the five other great musicians on it.

IMG20240509103344.jpg

Day 9: Flight Eleven
Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
IMG_4368.jpeg

I haven’t listened to this one in a while. It was an album that rarely left my CD player and was one of the first albums I purchased on vinyl when I first started collecting. Probably a bit of burnout as I don’t think I have spun this since moving into our current home 6 years ago. Still brilliant from front to back. Nice morning spin.

Day 9
IMG_7459.jpeg
Cicada Rhythm - Everywhere I Go

BECAUSE EVERYWHERE I GO I SEE THOSE LITTLE FUCKERS IN FLIGHT AND HEAR THEIR INCESSANT RHYTHMIC CRY.

Edit: I forgot how awesome these two are. Wonder what they’re up to these days.

Re-edit: oh that’s right, they’ve been working with Kishi.

Last edited:
May 9 - Flight Eleven

Much like @Wicked Dreamer, I'm going with an album that has eleven tracks. But instead of the band name link, this is the album title link to flight.

I know a lot of folks got burnt out on all the Nilsson VMP picks, but as someone who loves Nilsson I was really happy to get great sounding copies of most (not Pussy Cats, meh) on 33.

Nilsson - Aerial Ballet

IMG20240510103230.jpg

May 10 - Where Pathways Meet

A loose fit because all my jazz-funk records are behind a big stack of boxes at the moment and I'm too lazy to move them. So we're going a little more toward the blues side of things, but at least in the same general area of musical goodness.

Mel Brown - Chicken Fat

View attachment 202599

Now that I've canceled my Impulse box, I might have to pick this one up!

Back