Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I wasn’t around. What did storf do to cause this reaction?

This should be a fun exercise in remembering and putting to use some old and dusty job skills. Lol

I know enough about tort laws to know better than to come on here and start talking about things without having objectively verifiable receipts (even if I KNOW and/or witnessed them)…

BUT… I am just petty enough to give you my personal *opinion* that is wholly untethered from specific facts and therefore is non-actionable due to it being purely subjective, broad, and conclusory. 😎

My pure and personal opinion is that Storf is a manipulative, dishonest, whiney, misogynistic, ego-driven person who traffics in duplicity and feigned agreeability to overcompensate for his own feelings of inadequacy.

Naturally, this being my subjective opinion and all, these observations have been casually curated from the overall vibe he gives off and not at all related to actions he may or may not have taken within his first couple years at VMP and/or any sort of negative personal interactions he had with people who paid his company money for a product nor any actions or things he may or may not have said to actual fucking humans who were his peers.

Yup. Just my personal opinion.

Definitely have always gotten a pompous vibe from Storf.

1715211089842.gif

$50 for members, those lawyers aren’t gonna pay for themselves.

Edit: estimated arrival mid-JANUARY lmao
"This N.W.A. Efil4zaggin store drop is a truly spectacular store drop! 2LP and Ryan Smith cut of an underrated classic - I’m very impressed! This is the best store exclusive drop so far this year for me! I love it and can’t wait to receive it next year - it’s going to be well worth the wait! I’m so happy though that Efil4zaggin is getting a high quality sounding pressing as the production on that record is dangerously good! 🔥🥵🚨🔫💰🦅🔥"

"This N.W.A. Efil4zaggin store drop is a truly spectacular store drop! 2LP and Ryan Smith cut of an underrated classic - I’m very impressed! This is the best store exclusive drop so far this year for me! I love it and can’t wait to receive it next year - it’s going to be well worth the wait! I’m so happy though that Efil4zaggin is getting a high quality sounding pressing as the production on that record is dangerously good! 🔥🥵🚨🔫💰🦅🔥"
@MikeH I think someone got a hold of your password. I told you b1gk3v was too easy to guess

My pure and personal opinion is that Storf is a manipulative, dishonest, whiney, misogynistic, ego-driven person who traffics in duplicity and feigned agreeability to overcompensate for his own feelings of inadequacy.
ok... most of these things i can understand (even if I don't believe in them completely.. probably because I am also very id focused and ego driven).. but I dunno where the misogyny thing comes from... he is openly for getting more woman into curation and has said the reason he doesn't do a lot of picks is because there is so much hate that happens when one is curated (we are not the only people in VMPs 20000 members... and there are probably some legit chuds getting on them for every decision)

Storf has always been on a weird power trip. It's as though he wasn't liked in highschool and now he has a bunch of VMP members in discord that he can pretend are his friends. I don't mind him personally, but he pushes FOMO like crazy, which I guess is somewhat part of his job.

As far as him doing the picks... didn't he recently somewhere mention (probably somewhere buried in discord) he's basically the reason they've done so much Harry Nilsson lately? Something about him needing them for his personal collection. To me, that's mad weird.

As far as him doing the picks... didn't he recently somewhere mention (probably somewhere buried in discord) he's basically the reason they've done so much Harry Nilsson lately? Something about him needing them for his personal collection. To me, that's mad weird.
You telling me you wouldn’t try to release albums you like if you had his job? Not sure why that’s weird…Nilsson is a largely underrated songwriter. Just don’t think we needed 6 albums or whatever it ended up being?

Storf has always been on a weird power trip. It's as though he wasn't liked in highschool and now he has a bunch of VMP members in discord that he can pretend are his friends. I don't mind him personally, but he pushes FOMO like crazy, which I guess is somewhat part of his job.

You telling me you wouldn’t try to release albums you like if you had his job? Not sure why that’s weird…Nilsson is a largely underrated songwriter. Just don’t think we needed 6 albums or whatever it ended up being?

I don't know that I'd inflict Willie Nelson & Family on everybody subscribing to my Country track. ...and this is coming from someone who needed it and loves Willie.

i think it was some weird liscencing thing for nilssons birthday or something.... i feel like storf wanted pussy cats and schmillson and they offered "hey you want to do these other ones too"

I just dunno what the hell I want from VMP.. if I knew I would just buy it

I mean realistically VMP should be pressing what they think is best for their members, not what their internal staff wants for their personal collection. Nilsson doesn't do anything for me so I guess I'm bias in that regard, but the albums seem to have done well in the store so I guess it's a win/win for Storf.

I mean realistically VMP should be pressing what they think is best for their members, not what their internal staff wants for their personal collection. Nilsson doesn't do anything for me so I guess I'm bias in that regard, but the albums seem to have done well in the store so I guess it's a win/win for Storf.
I’ll take six Nilsson (well 5 anyhow) over efil4zaggin

Back