Books about music

Hey guys, I'm doing a minor clean-up and am getting rid of some books. If anyone is interested in these, LMK and I will mail them to you gratis (in the US -- if you're elsewhere and want them, willing to chip in $5 to mail it if you got the rest).

"The Death of Bunny Munro" by Nick Cave
"The Long Hard Road Out of Hell" by Marilyn Manson
"I'm the Man" by Scott Ian
"Unfaithful Music" by Elvis Costello
"Born to Run" by Bruce Springsteen
"The Real Frank Zappa Book" by Frank Zappa (and some dude whose name I forgot)

Found this and, of course, bought it… will report back:
IMG_9733.jpeg

I also started this:
IMG_9731.jpeg

And just finished this, which is an absolutely fascinating book. If you like Steely Dan, it’s great. If you’re into interesting books, it’s still great. It tells the story of the band through the characters in their songs:
IMG_9730.jpeg

Found this and, of course, bought it… will report back:
View attachment 209320

I also started this:
View attachment 209321

And just finished this, which is an absolutely fascinating book. If you like Steely Dan, it’s great. If you’re into interesting books, it’s still great. It tells the story of the band through the characters in their songs:
View attachment 209322
I second the Quantum Criminals recommendation. I wish there were more books like that one.

What have you all read lately in the Music Book category that you thought was solid? Looking at the Target sale and might grab a couple books. They have the Jesus and Mary Chain and Steve Wynn books, which sound interesting.

What have you all read lately in the Music Book category that you thought was solid? Looking at the Target sale and might grab a couple books. They have the Jesus and Mary Chain and Steve Wynn books, which sound interesting.
If the Taschen JazzLife book is still there, that's a good one (and enromous)

I recommended it in the Vinyl Deals thread but Blue Giant (manga) is really fun.

I'm sure you'll get more nonfictionr recs but these were both great.

And there we go! Also saw a book about Creation Records that I might grab. Probably have 15 books I need to read so not sure why I'm even looking 😂

Back