Definitive Audiophile pressings

Guru's, looking to replace my copy of Sticky Fingers with a "Zipper" version of some sort, lol.

Is the MoFi the way to go? OG? Other......if memory serves, wasn't there a newer version released with a zipper? Anyway, need your help :)

I had the 2011 reissue and currently have the 2015 abbey half speed. Both had the zip.

I wasn’t keen on the 2011. I like the 2015 but other people shouted at me on here for liking something last time I said that.

One thing with this album, it’s deliberately grimy, it won’t ever sound hifi, I wouldn’t go spending big bucks chasing perfection.

Pillsbury held a "bake off" in the 20th century and never let the trademark go I guess.
Im just saying, why is this allowed? If some one else decides to do a “Pilsbury Bake-Off” wouldn’t they be able to sue for you know lying about being Pilsbury or something. No one else can have a bake off because the dough boy is that important?

Im just saying, why is this allowed? If some one else decides to do a “Pilsbury Bake-Off” wouldn’t they be able to sue for you know lying about being Pilsbury or something. No one else can have a bake off because the dough boy is that important?

If they coined the term, then can trademark it. There are nuances, but it's how it works. If people start using it later, doesn't make a difference. In fact, all the power to them for having coined an excellent mark.

If they coined the term, then can trademark it. There are nuances, but it's how it works. If people start using it later, doesn't make a difference. In fact, all the power to them for having coined an excellent mark.
i don’t care enough to research further but it would seem the term started to be used in the 30s and Pilsbury trademarked in the 40s when they started their competition.

i don’t care enough to research further but it would seem the term started to be used in the 30s and Pilsbury trademarked in the 40s when they started their competition.

Trademarks are weird... you can lose them and others can take them over if you don't use them or aggressively protect them (which is different from patents and copyrights). It's usually harder though to trademark phrases that are in common usage. Obviously, I wouldn't know what the situation was in the 30's and 40's. Suffice to say that if they didn't have solid ground, someone else would battle it in court. There can be so much money involved in these things, it's crazy.

(full disclosure in case you didn't know, I work in patents - but I only have a passing knowledge of trademarks.)

Trademarks are weird... you can lose them and others can take them over if you don't use them or aggressively protect them (which is different from patents and copyrights). It's usually harder though to trademark phrases that are in common usage. Obviously, I wouldn't know what the situation was in the 30's and 40's. Suffice to say that if they didn't have solid ground, someone else would battle it in court. There can be so much money involved in these things, it's crazy.

(full disclosure in case you didn't know, I work in patents - but I only have a passing knowledge of trademarks.)
Patents/copyrights make sense to me. I worked and made something. Other people shouldn’t be able to profit off my work

Patents/copyrights make sense to me. I worked and made something. Other people shouldn’t be able to profit off my work

But ideas and slogans involve work and are something. It’s not that nebulous. Long out of use ones remaining protected would be odd but I’d bet that it’s easier and cheaper for show producers to just change the name than engage the lawyers to even consider challenging.

But ideas and slogans involve work and are something. It’s not that nebulous. Long out of use ones remaining protected would be odd but I’d bet that it’s easier and cheaper for show producers to just change the name than engage the lawyers to even consider challenging.
Im not necessarily against trademarking. It just doesn’t seem like “bake-off” should meet the criteria.

For those that care, the new “Interscope High Fidelity” The Sundays - Reading, Writing and Arithmetic is the same played as the RSD from last year.
Is that one bad? I think it was pretty $$ last I checked on cogs so as long as it sounds okay…

It should be safe to assume now that any Interscope releases are just using whatever the last plates were. They are really phoning everything in right now.

Back