Fresh Grabs

1108191657a_HDR.jpg

Looks like I'm one of the first people to get my box, for once! Pretty nice, simple box for my one year anniversary with VMP. I technically got both for free, since I had a bunch of store credits sitting around. Both of these, especially QOTSA, look and feel great. Time to start spinning! 👍

Last edited:
Grabbed a few things recently. And if you can’t tell, I’m at target a lot lol

I couldn’t pass up this clearance deal. Only $12.48!C446FDC6-3AE1-4C0C-928F-A1CB8A57DB55.jpeg

then I was visiting my parents and stopped by an old store I used to go to for my CDs back in the day since they have vinyl now too and grabbed this.
AF2B1871-96F7-4726-BC5B-512885F3C13D.jpeg

then today I took advantage of target’s buy two get one free deal.

91274D4A-F543-4963-AEAE-CE951F4C9F3F.jpeg
Overall, I’ve got me some listening to do!

q9O9B5a.jpg

White “b,” blue label copy.
Spent a little more than I should have on a blue label copy, but it sounds flawless and has a Van Gelder stamp.

Tbh these are not so fresh grabs, they're from the last month and a half, but I haven't posted here in a while.
Sorry for the shitty quality, I don't know why my iPad camera is working so bad.

image.jpeg
Camille - Music Hole
The Divine Comedy - Office Politics (white and light blue edition. The weirdest thing TDC has done so far)
Sarah Blasko - Depth Of Field
Tori Amos - Live At Montreux 1991/1992 (red vinyl)
My Brightest Diamond - A Milion And One
image.jpeg
I've been on a tango mood these last month, and been trying to find new stuff on vinyl. Old tango on vinyl is very common here, so I wanted to the experience of old genre in and old format with a new fresh.
Bajofondo - Mardulce (I still don't know if this is 100% tango. I mean, there's a song with Nelly Furtado. It's more electronic music with bandoneon)
Orquesta Fernandez Fierro - Ahora Y Siempre
Quinteto Bataraz - Fiero (this actually has a lot of folklore and not so much tango)
La Caracteristica Orquesta - Guardia Vieja (now THIS IS TANGO).

image.jpeg
And some "i gotta expand my music collection" grabs:
EPN - Olvidadas (an Argentinian jazz band who made an album of covers of Portishead, Anja Garbarek, Joni Mitchell, Dead Can Dance, PJ Harvey and King Crimson, among other. Fascinatingly wtf)
Thomas James White - Her (ambient music)
Juana Molina - Forfun (punk versions of four of her songs)
Marco Sanguinetti - 8 (an Argentinian jazz pianist. This sounds awesome)
Charly García - Parte De La Religion (because it's Charly García, the biggest rock star of my country)

Back