Hip Hop

I had a lot of fun reading Lupe's tweets about jokingly joining Slaugherhouse. Too many to link but a quick peruse through his twitter is worth the few minutes for the laughs if you haven't:

Sad news from Altered Crates ☹ that FlyLo/Aesop Rock mashup album they just put out has gotten a lot of play from me
View attachment 35203

I mean that's cool and all but to pretend like they weren't making money off of this and that this was a 'labour of love' is disingenuous at best.

A real labour of love woud mean the artists they were using would get paid, which they most certainly weren't.

I mean that's cool and all but to pretend like they weren't making money off of this and that this was a 'labour of love' is disingenuous at best.

A real labour of love woud mean the artists they were using would get paid, which they most certainly weren't.
I'm a big proponent of mashup culture (if that's the word I'm looking for) but at the same time charging money, even in a "pay what you want" way, is just asking for trouble.

I hope all you Griselda homeys have a copy of this. might be my favourite rap record of the last 10 years.. definitely up there.

View attachment 35223
I'm a Johnny-Come-Lately when it comes to Roc Marci, but I certainly have Marcberg, as well as others. since I took this picture I have added Rosebudd 2 and Pimpire and recently got shipping notice for Marcielago from FatBeats which should arrive next week.

still debating whether or not to get that $507 version of KAOS...🤗

IMG_20191231_221756-01.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm a Johnny-Come-Lately when it comes to Roc Marci, but I certainly have Marcberg, as well as others. since I took this picture I have added Rosebudd 2 and Pimpire and recently got shipping notice for Marcielago from FatBeats which should arrive next week.

still debating whether or not to get that $507 version of KAOS...🤗

View attachment 35231

Hah, I mean I love Roc and own almost every single record he has put out going back to the KuKu Productions 12" and would never pay that much for any of his records, hah. I think I'm missing Rosebudd's Revenge and Marcielago... I know I'm super contrarian but his more recent stuff doesn't do it for me as much as his older stuff. It's still dope and better than most shit out there but I miss the hunger from the UN/Marcberg/Reloaded days..

Hah, I mean I love Roc and own almost every single record he has put out going back to the KuKu Productions 12" and would never pay that much for any of his records, hah. I think I'm missing Rosebudd's Revenge and Marcielago... I know I'm super contrarian but his more recent stuff doesn't do it for me as much as his older stuff. It's still dope and better than most shit out there but I miss the hunger from the UN/Marcberg/Reloaded days..
yeah, I was completely joking about getting that KAOS record. I mean, I want it on vinyl but would get any other variant over it. Also I need Marci Beaucoup, though it might be my least favorite from him.

Back