Home Improvement Thread 2: Electric Redo the Loo

So my wife took me upstairs and described exactly what she was doing when it happened. She started the water to get it warm and got sidetracked by a particularly nasty diaper from my oldest and by the time she came back the tub was "almost full"

Well what does almost full mean? I asked her to point at how high the water was. She pointed higher than the overflow, so yeahhhhh looks like it may indeed be that. Which is probably best case scenario and like you mentioned why we only have this instance of it ever happening.
Ok look... I'm not going to lie. If it's the overflow I'm officially counting this as like my greatest current Sherlock Holmes conquest and it will probably result in me drinking everything in my fridge/bar, even the weird stuff.

Finished up a dishwasher repair job last night. Took me a few weeks to figure out, but was able to do it on my own. Samsung dishwasher was leaking water that ended up being a bad seal that rusted out the ciruculation pump motor, plus a little check valve had worn out. Set off an alert that wouldn't let it run. Trying to find replacement parts was a bear and I ended up having to order (and return) 3 replacement motors due to them arriving broken. Best part about it is that I was able to complete the job for under what it would have taken for even a service call to look at it, persistence pays off.

Long story short, if you have issues with a Samsung Dishwasher, I might be able to help you out.

Finished up a dishwasher repair job last night. Took me a few weeks to figure out, but was able to do it on my own. Samsung dishwasher was leaking water that ended up being a bad seal that rusted out the ciruculation pump motor, plus a little check valve had worn out. Set off an alert that wouldn't let it run. Trying to find replacement parts was a bear and I ended up having to order (and return) 3 replacement motors due to them arriving broken. Best part about it is that I was able to complete the job for under what it would have taken for even a service call to look at it, persistence pays off.

Long story short, if you have issues with a Samsung Dishwasher, I might be able to help you out.
When my dish washer was leaking, it took the service tech four unneeded repairs and six trips to determine what the problem was (the entire basin was warped). I’m pretty sure it would have been cheaper to buy a new dishwasher. However, it cost me nothing because warranty.

When my dish washer was leaking, it took the service tech four unneeded repairs and six trips to determine what the problem was (the entire basin was warped). I’m pretty sure it would have been cheaper to buy a new dishwasher. However, it cost me nothing because warranty.
I definitely did some unneeded repairs / replacements as part of this based on all the youtube videos I watched. But got there eventually.

Back