Hot Take/ Musical Confession Thread!

I'll go ahead and try to jumpstart this thread, because this is a super interesting idea for one.

Here's a fairly mild but still not super popular take: Future's part on "King's Dead" isn't as bad as a lot of people make it out to be.
If this is a hot take I don't wanna live in this world.

The verse is great leave Future alone.

The Beatles are not interesting and Bob Dylan is actively bad.

I wouldn't say The Beatles are bad, and I'm definitely a fan, but I've heard their songs so many times in my life that I'm honestly sick of most of them. I would never actively choose to listen to their stuff/buy their records but if a song of theirs came on the radio, I wouldn't turn it off.

Also, I wasn't really into Dylan until we got the vinyl collection from my father in law, so now we own several of his albums, but he's got a lot of great songs... I can see that his voice might be a bit grating/annoying to some...

I wouldn't say The Beatles are bad, and I'm definitely a fan, but I've heard their songs so many times in my life that I'm honestly sick of most of them. I would never actively choose to listen to their stuff/buy their records but if a song of theirs came on the radio, I wouldn't turn it off.

Also, I wasn't really into Dylan until we got the vinyl collection from my father in law, so now we own several of his albums, but he's got a lot of great songs... I can see that his voice might be a bit grating/annoying to some...
Yeah I wouldn’t call the Beatles bad either. But so many people act like they invented music. There’s a handful of great tunes (Yesterday) but if I never heard another Beatles song again I’d be happy.

And I stand by my Bob Dylan take. Joni Mitchell is actually everything people think Bob Dylan is.

The Beatles were good songwriters but other singers/musicians did their songs better.

Bob Dylan is a good songwriter but more boring than paint drying.

Childish Gambino is rap music for people who hate rap music.

I don't think I could come up with a more boring rapper than Chance The Rapper if I tried and had the resources.

Stephen Jenkins (I think that's his name? Lead singer of 3rd Eye Blind) is a phenomenal song writer.

Action Bronson is only popular because he is a more marketable Ghostface.

Most modern rap is completely forgettable and will not last the test of time.

I'm sure I got more but those are the first that come to mind.

Back