It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Liverpool open at Ipswich. Fitting since Liverpool were the final team Ipswich played before being sent down in 2002. Joe and I resume our fun with an early season match at Old Trafford in the 3rd week. I have no idea how we'll do this year. I'm just hoping for top 4 and not a total collapse. Anything is possible except for winning the league.

Liverpool open at Ipswich. Fitting since Liverpool were the final team Ipswich played before being sent down in 2002. Joe and I resume our fun with an early season match at Old Trafford in the 3rd week. I have no idea how we'll do this year. I'm just hoping for top 4 and not a total collapse. Anything is possible except for winning the league.

Yeah early season is hard to call. A lot will depend on how slot settles in and how both squads buy. You certainly have the stronger squad, and are still likely to have then, but may not have hit your stride under the new man yet.

It's odd, Slot's done zero press so far. I guess they're waiting for Euros to be over or maybe they'll just wait till preseason in July but it's weird that they haven't even had an introductory press conference.

Georgia v Czechia is also not televised. Nor Slovakia v Ukraine.

At 9a EST on FS1 they will be showing a repeat of a soccer highlights show (lol) instead of Slovakia v Ukraine. FS2 will have a Bass fishing recap show. Fox will have local programming (probably morning news). It's such a joke how they're handling this tournament.

• Sad
Reactions: mgp
Back