It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

There is something hilarious about the pure delusion England have every major tournament. Watching the commentator (Owen Hargreaves I think?) slowly melt down is something.

For all the players they have they should be doing much better. Southgate is an appalling manager who makes odd squad and 11 choices and has an unhealthy right back fetish.

Maddison's form wasn't good enough to justify a call up, but England need someone like Maddison (Eze?) they can play in a 10 role to break the lines. Hell, even Grealish would have been good here. I'd put Foden behind Kane next match if I'm Southgate. They're just so easy to defend right now because you know everything is going through the wings.

Maddison's form wasn't good enough to justify a call up, but England need someone like Maddison (Eze?) they can play in a 10 role to break the lines. Hell, even Grealish would have been good here. I'd put Foden behind Kane next match if I'm Southgate. They're just so easy to defend right now because you know everything is going through the wings.
I really don't think the players are bad, maybe Maddison could have done something, but the tactics are straight up trash. Square peg/Round hole with a lot of these players.
I'm confused--I was under the impression they were the odds on favorite and it's coming home?
🤷‍♂️

I really don't think the players are bad, maybe Maddison could have done something, but the tactics are straight up trash

🤷‍♂️
They need someone centrally to pull players out of position for Kane (or Watkins, or whoever) to sneak into. They just keep going wide so Denmark CBs just chill out in the box waiting for the cross. It's so predictable.

Tajon Buchanan vs Cuti Romero could get spicy
Not the boy from BRAMPTON!

Seriously tho Romero is gonna come in full rager mode, get a yellow card in the first 5 and be subbed out 2nd half. I think Canada may get a shock result in the dome in Atlanta

Not the boy from BRAMPTON!

Seriously tho Romero is gonna come in full rager mode, get a yellow card in the first 5 and be subbed out 2nd half. I think Canada may get a shock result in the dome in Atlanta
Romero cooled down quite a bit at Spurs this year so who knows if he’ll resort to his old ways with Argentina. But if he does a little clip on Tajon, and Tajon gets in his face, it could be beautiful.

Back