It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

I was so excited about this game being kind of earlier so it could finish around 10pm~. But now, we’re sitting in a longer halftime because of the concert, if there’s ET and/or pens this could finish close midnight EST 😭

All these tournaments have been fun, but I'm kind of looking forward to nothing going on for a bit. Olympic football is hit or miss and I don't care about it that much. That being said I'll still tune in if I can.

probably the right move. He's had 4 close chances in tournaments and that's probably as good as he can do.

It’s also his time. If you look at England in 2016 and now he’s done a very good job and 8 years under the British print media pressure is a long long time.

Now this one could the one that pulls Klopp out of retirement. I would put it at 20%. His M.O. is to take a full year off.

It’ll be an Englishman. My money would be on Eddie Howe.

It’s also his time. If you look at England in 2016 and now he’s done a very good job and 8 years under the British print media pressure is a long long time.

Maybe that's their problem. English managers aren't that great compared to the current non-English crop. I think they should help us all and get Pep to take over....

I rate Howe. I think he could do a good job there.

Maybe that's their problem. English managers aren't that great compared to the current non-English crop. I think they should help us all and get Pep to take over....

But then it’s a national team job and they’ve gone down the top level foreigner route before and it didn’t work and in both sets probably better sets of players did worse than what is happening now.

I rate Howe. I think he could do a good job there.

Yeah he’s a good coach and he could do a job. The only two things may be that he’s going to be young giving up the day to day involvement of club football and that the barcodes may not play ball.

Last edited:
One more positive point about Euro 2024. After covid, quatar etc. the fans were finally back. They were loud, colourful and it was mostly non-violent and communal. Here in town every matchday the city would fill up with the shirts of the compeing nations, and different fangroups would sit in restaurants and cafes together and sing at each other. So that was great
Someone made a highlight reel of the fans on youtube, taht is a fun watch

Back