Metal!

I just got a big sad seeing that The Cosmic Peddler closed his shop. It was my favorite metal store and the best record shop in the US for the underground scene. Paul put so much care into his packaging and gave amazing customer service for a one man shop. Really disappointing news.

@hype

I just got a big sad seeing that The Cosmic Peddler closed his shop. It was my favorite metal store and the best record shop in the US for the underground scene. Paul put so much care into his packaging and gave amazing customer service for a one man shop. Really disappointing news.

@hype
Agreed on this. He asked me to leave a review for him and I did (Google, I think). What a shame. First class dude and store. Hope it is not a sign of the state of Doom/Psych/Heavy Rock.

Nice to see some life here!! I wanted to mention that I really do want to like Thou and I know it's sacrilege, but they never did much for me.

Here are a few I've loved this year but many more to discover:

Spectral Voice - Sparagmos
Darkthrone - It Beckons Us All
Pallbearer - Mind Burns Alive
Sumac - The Healer
Crypt Sermon - The Stygian Rose

Nice to see some life here!! I wanted to mention that I really do want to like Thou and I know it's sacrilege, but they never did much for me.

Sumac - The Healer
I need to give the Sumac and Spectral Voice another listen. I did a background listen of each but haven't gone back yet. Agree on the others being tops for the year so far.

200 more stab wounds for you

repost to say this thing is fun now that it is out

Sumac - The Healer

I’ll see if I can get some traction on this list tonight.

I did listen to SUMAC the other day and it didn’t really do anything for me.

The new Thou is still in my rotation.
The Promise, & I Feel Nothing When You Cry, for me, are the standouts.

For the first few listens, when Panic Stricken would play I thought I added Alice in Chains to the playlist - until the vocals kicked in.

I perused this Brooklyn Vegan list yesterday:

...and added a few things from it to my queue.

I'm only 3 songs into this one and LOVING it!!

To quote Revolver‘s Gregory Adams: At its most extreme, the labyrinthian heaviness of Civerous’ Maze Envy rolls out as a quixotic minefield of quasi-heretic riffery, jarring extend-o blasts and dark-and-stormy gloomscaping. But while the twists and turns on the Los Angeles group’s sophomore album ramps up the technicality from 2021’s Decrepit Flesh Relic — and features a co-sign guest vocal from Derek Rydquist, formerly of the Faceless —it’s just as easy to get lost in the more spaciously-paced epics of their mega-melancholy, death-doom abyss.

Back