N&G AoTM /// Vol. 61 - July 2024 /// Lido Pimienta - Miss Colombia

WhiteDahlias

Edit:
July’s album of the month is Lido Pimienta - Miss Colombia.

81CJvt7NZnL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

During the pandemic when we were all stuck inside I ended up watching a lot of the NPR Tiny Desk concerts on Youtube and this one immediately stuck out to me.

I don’t speak Spanish, but I was intrigued by the different styles of music coming together and immediately had to look up the album and listen to it again. Reading the lyrics later added so much emotional depth and complexity to an already interesting album. I hope that everyone gives it a listen and enjoys.

I got my copy directly from Anti here: Miss Colombia Lp Black

It is also in-stock in the UK and Europe Lido Pimienta - Miss Colombia - (Vinyl LP, CD) | Rough Trade

There’s also a pink variant available here: Townsend Music Online Record Store - Vinyl, CDs, Cassettes and Merch - Lido Pimienta - Miss Columbia Pink

I had two other albums I was also considering, but price and availability didn't work out but I can post some swaptions to listen to if people are interested.

----
Good morning everyone! This is my first go-around as picker so I am excited and a little nervous. June is my birthday month so it felt right to run the thread this month. Let's have some fun!

I really hope you like my pick!

First clue will probably not be ready until tomorrow but feel free to start wild mass guessing. :)

Last edited:
Guesses:
Cul8er: The Mountain Goats - All Hail West Texas
avecigrec: Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear
TrainFan73: Milli Vanilli - 2x2
MadLucas: Bjork - Debut
Colonel_Angus: The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

Last edited:
I got home early from the movies (saw Furiosa, it was pretty good) so here's the first clue a bit early:

Clue 1:
Since I brought up birthdays... The album of the month was recorded within my lifetime.

(If I haven't mentioned my age on here before, here's a sub-clue... Billboard says the #1 song the week I was born was "Baby Don't Forget My Number" By Milli Vanilli, lol.)

29ebb18a8d252ecfcb452fe088aace7e.gif

Let's play a game:
Click me!

In case the instructions don't come up... you're trying to enter the shortest route possible to get from one place to the other. One or more of the countries along this route is relevant to the AotM.
So we know it's not European, Asian, African, or Australian.. that at least narrows it a bit

Back