• Kyrie

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Broken Wings

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Both are shite

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Presumably one of the artists involved in USA For Africa, or somehow connected to them.

For example:

MS5qcGVn.jpeg

-80s
-Artist involved with USA For Africa
-Toto has a song blessing the rains down in Africa, and this album is very Afro-centric
-umm... idk how to fit the other clues but darnit I have a good feeling about this one!
Not this artist but an artist on USA for Africa indeed.

Ok the clues. The album has many top sessioners on it. Members of Mister Mister play on it and contribute to writing My Old Friend. Steve Lukather and Jeff Porcaro from Toto are also part of the session list. On the album Jarreau does a vocal reinterpretation of Dave Brubeck's Blue Ronda A La Turk. He sang on We Are The World (and got pissed during the session leading to him starting a drunken sing a long of Day-O Banana Boat song).

Last edited:
Ok the clues. The album has many top sessioners on it. Members of Mister Mister play on it and contribute to writing My Old Friend. Steve Lukather and Jeff Porcaro from Toto are also part of the session list. On the album Jarreau does a vocal reinterpretation of Dave Brubeck's Blue Ronda A La Turk. He sang on We Are The World (and got pissed during the session leading to him starting a drunken sing a long of Day-O Banana Boat song).

Dangit I was looking at Al Jarreau last night before I went with Paul Simon and checked two of his other 80s albums and neither had recent vinyl pressings so I didn't bother looking at this one. 😩

I'd taken "Take Five" as a clue that it was a fifth album, which led me to this one, then J saw he did "Blue Rondo A La Turk" and realized this must be it.

Back