NHL Thread Because There Isn't An NHL Thread

I found it. Not surprised. As tough as he acts, my gut says if he had to fight 1:1 he’d run crying.

we know he won’t get suspended, but man what a perfect time to ban him indefinitely.

I found it. Not surprised. As tough as he acts, my gut says if he had to fight 1:1 he’d run crying.

we know he won’t get suspended, but man what a perfect time to ban him indefinitely.
He's a repeat offender! He was already suspended for 3 games this season for doing much less therefore he deserves no less than 6 games imo!!

Boston Bruins superstar Brad Marchand lost his cool late in Thursday's loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins.

After being stopped on a scoring chance in the dying seconds of the third period, Marchand punched goaltender Tristan Jarry in the head, then circled back and jammed his stick into the netminder's mask.

Marchand was assessed a match penalty for intent to injure and a roughing minor. Match penalties are automatically reviewed by the NHL.

The 33-year-old has been suspended seven times in his career, most recently in November for slew-footing Vancouver Canucks defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson.

Marchand leads the Bruins in scoring this season with 49 points in 39 games.

On top of likely losing Marchand to supplemental discipline, the Bruins also lost Patrice Bergeron to injury in the defeat. There was no update on the captain's status postgame.

The NHL's Department of Player Safety offered Brad Marchand an in-person hearing over Zoom to answer for his outburst toward Pittsburgh Penguins goaltender Tristan Jarry.

The date and time of the hearing haven't been determined. The in-person offer gives the league the option of suspending Marchand for six games or more. He's suspended until the hearing takes place, and his Boston Bruins host the Carolina Hurricanes on Thursday night.

Marchand lost his cool late in Tuesday's loss. After being stopped on a scoring chance in the dying seconds of the third period, the talented agitator punched Jarry in the head, then circled back and jammed his stick into the netminder's mask.

Marchand was assessed a match penalty for intent to injure and a roughing minor. The NHL automatically reviews match penalties.

"Lack of discipline, obviously, on Brad's part in that situation," Bruins head coach Bruce Cassidy said after the game, according to The Athletic's Fluto Shinzawa.

He continued, "Brad's a leader on our team. He needs to have control of his emotions in that situation."

Marchand has been suspended seven times in his career, most recently in November for slew-footing Vancouver Canucks defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson.

On top of Marchand likely missing time due to supplemental discipline, the Bruins also lost Patrice Bergeron to injury in the defeat after a collision with Sidney Crosby. There was no update on the captain's status postgame.

7 priors and minimum of 6 games?? Should be the season minimum just based on who he is.This league is something else.

I actually miss the Shanahan days of player safety compared to this shit. Brad would be sitting until next season!

Haha me too 😁

The Montreal Canadiens have dismissed head coach Dominique Ducharme.

The Canadiens will name Ducharme's replacement later Wednesday. Montreal sits last in the NHL standings after making an improbable run to the Stanley Cup Final last season.

More to come.

Any idea who the new coach will be?

Nothing out there yet. Wouldn't be surprised to see an interim, but who knows.

Seriously, coaching has been the biggest mess with this team since Julien left (and that's saying a lot because Bergevin's idea of team construction was not my cup of tea).

Any idea who the new coach will be?

La Presse is mentioning 6 candidates, but I have no idea where they get this other than educated speculation:

La Presse is mentioning 6 candidates, but I have no idea where they get this other than educated speculation:

Roy is who the fanbase would want but I'm not sure he would accept such a role with the team after being interviewed for the GM job 🤔

Nothing out there yet. Wouldn't be surprised to see an interim, but who knows.

Seriously, coaching has been the biggest mess with this team since Julien left (and that's saying a lot because Bergevin's idea of team construction was not my cup of tea).
A lot of spectaculation that it could be Dave Quinn.

Out of those, I hope it's neither Vignault or Bouchard. Roy is probably too big of a personality but I prefer him over the first two I mention by a long shot. I've enjoyed Guy Boucher's commentary on RDS. Smart, thoughtful guy, but maybe too much. Pascal Vincent seems ok, but I don't know enough to to decide if he'd be a good fit. Benoit Groulx seems like he'd be ready. Comes from a great organization and has good pedigree. I'd be good with him as an interim/audition. I'd say for me it's between Guy Boucher and Benoit Groulx, possibly as interim coaches.

Back