NHL Thread Because There Isn't An NHL Thread

It's a good deal for both teams

Lekhonen is great. Solid defensive forward, can play PK and has some offensive upside. Can fill-in on top lines in a pinch and can play on an defensive 3rd or 4th line. He was great in the playoffs last year. (That OT goal in round 3 on St Jean Baptiste is legendary now.) Plus I think he's still a restricted FA at the end of the year.

Habs get a defenseman with good skating and puck moving that was picked 25th overall and a 2nd. They weren't going to let Lek go for less.

Lekhonen is great. Solid defensive forward, can play PK and has some offensive upside. Can fill-in on top lines in a pinch and can play on an defensive 3rd or 4th line. He was great in the playoffs last year. (That OT goal in round 3 on St Jean Baptiste is legendary now.) Plus I think he's still a restricted UFA at the end of the year.

Habs get a defenseman with good skating and puck moving that was picked 25th overall and a 2nd. They weren't going to let Lek go for less.
Considering Barron was part of the offer for a Giroux deal, I'd say Hughes did very well 😉

Considering Barron was part of the offer for a Giroux deal, I'd say Hughes did very well 😉

I'm excited at having another top D prospect in the pipeline! If Hughes can get Jordan Harris signed after the US college playoffs end, we could be in a really good position for the future with Guhle in there too.

Back