NHL Thread Because There Isn't An NHL Thread

I know this won’t ever happen but I would love to see the league dump the 7 game series and adapt a 1 game home, 1 game away format for the first three rounds and then a winner takes all for the Final.
The playoffs don’t need to last until the end of June and romanticizing injuries or the grind is dumb.

I know this won’t ever happen but I would love to see the league dump the 7 game series and adapt a 1 game home, 1 game away format for the first three rounds and then a winner takes all for the Final.
The playoffs don’t need to last until the end of June and romanticizing injuries or the grind is dumb.
Oh god, horrible. Agreed the playoffs should end before June, but they just gotta move the start up. We don't need 8 preseason games.

Oh god, horrible. Agreed the playoffs should end before June, but they just gotta move the start up. We don't need 8 preseason games.

Don’t think they’ll move it to September because NFL starts.
The league is going to have to mix it up soon because Sid will be done in a couple of seasons. Commie will be off to Russia. The Mcs will be just out of their prime. Youth hockey enrollment numbers continue to decline. Utah has a hockey club and further expansion will continue to dilute the talent pool. It’s going to be a league of X Generation.

Nah, only Game 7s should change. Rather than 60mins, we get a shootout requiring all dressed players to take a shot. If it is still tied, the goals duel in a death match, winner takes all. And I mean a death match!

Back