Nick Cave & the Bad Threads

Sadly Toronto is a Wednesday but it is in a big theatre so should be good sound (and hopefully comfy seats)
It’s too big here, the arena turned into a smaller venue. Not my favorite. Portland has approved construction on 2 4-5000 seat venues, but one is Live Nation and the community is rightfully not on board with that one. We just don’t have anything that works great for that. Would rather just 2 nights at a smaller venue. We’ll see.

Queen Elizabeth Theater is a lovely venue for Vancouver but I'm too tall/fat combo for the majority of seats to be comfortable. I was in agony for the majority of Isbell's set when I saw him there.
No way to get an aisle seat? Or is that not better? I have the knees in the back of the seats at a couple venues and I’m not crazy tall.

No way to get an aisle seat? Or is that not better? I have the knees in the back of the seats at a couple venues and I’m not crazy tall.
This was a pleasant aspect of doing lawn seats at the show I went to last weekend. Getting to stretch out on a blanket made a big difference in my comfort level and I'm not even that tall.

Aisle would helpn the knees some for sure but the arms of the seats would still he digging into my hips something fierce.

When I saw Steve Earle in Calgary I was in one of the "loges" which was like a poor person's box seat up on the third floor along the sides of the house. There were 4 seats in each loge and they were normal chairs that were wider and moveable. I had an incredible view of Steve's bald spot and was very comfortable but the sound was pretty shit. I'll keep exploring though and hopefully figure it out soon enough (also trying to lose weight which ought to help some)

Ugh, crappy venue for Portland. Might have to miss this one or travel for it unless the price is right, which it won't be.
Have you been to a show at the...what do they call Moda Center with curtains? Theater of the Gods or something? Anyway, I had tickets to see him in that configuration in '20 and will probably cop a seat for this because I've never seen him, but am curious how this will play.

Have you been to a show at the...what do they call Moda Center with curtains? Theater of the Gods or something? Anyway, I had tickets to see him in that configuration in '20 and will probably cop a seat for this because I've never seen him, but am curious how this will play.
I've seen a show there and didn't love it. Just would rather not be a version of that arena. I'm sure he'll be great there though, he's always been great

I've seen a show there and didn't love it. Just would rather not be a version of that arena. I'm sure he'll be great there though, he's always been great
Acoustically it doesn't seem wise, but it seems better when compared to using the full arena. Compared to using the Schnitz or Keller? Weird choice!

Acoustically it doesn't seem wise, but it seems better when compared to using the full arena. Compared to using the Schnitz or Keller? Weird choice!
Yeah, the last Keller show was Absolutely amazing. We were about 10th row and he came out in the crowd and sang from about 10' away.

Back