Online Vinyl Deals

Everyone should buy this. Archie Roach is an amazing musician with a gravelly voice that hits just right. He's opened for some of the greats. This box set contains his first few albums which had long been out of print and is on popmarket for $49. Can't recommend this guy enough, and supporting aboriginal musicians is just a bonus to someone who should have been huge. Little blurb from wikipedia in case you need convincing. And if you need any more go listen to the first track of The Songs of Charcoal Lane and you'll be sold. Seriously go buy this, it's that good and it's a steal for $49.

"Archibald William Roach AM (born 8 January 1956) is an Aboriginal Australian musician. He is a singer, songwriter, guitarist, and a campaigner for the rights of Indigenous Australians. His musical and life partner was Ruby Hunter (1955–2010).

Roach first became known for the song "Took the Children Away", which featured on his debut solo album, Charcoal Lane in 1990. Since then, he has toured around the globe, headlining and opening shows for Joan Armatrading, Bob Dylan, Billy Bragg, Tracy Chapman, Suzanne Vega and Patti Smith. His work has been recognised by numerous nominations and awards, including a Deadly Award for a "Lifetime Contribution to Healing the Stolen Generations" in 2013. At the 2020 ARIA Music Awards on 25 November 2020, Roach was inducted into their Hall of Fame."

Sadly he's dying of lung cancer and won't be able to tour anymore, but his music is so haunting that it deserves to be remembered and passed on after he's gone.

Tagging a few who might be into him or already know his music. @avecigrec @MikeH @Kris @JohnnyCashFan @Yer Ol' Uncle D @TenderLovingKiller®
Wow.

Everyone should buy this. Archie Roach is an amazing musician with a gravelly voice that hits just right. He's opened for some of the greats. This box set contains his first few albums which had long been out of print and is on popmarket for $49. Can't recommend this guy enough, and supporting aboriginal musicians is just a bonus to someone who should have been huge. Little blurb from wikipedia in case you need convincing. And if you need any more go listen to the first track of The Songs of Charcoal Lane and you'll be sold. Seriously go buy this, it's that good and it's a steal for $49.

"Archibald William Roach AM (born 8 January 1956) is an Aboriginal Australian musician. He is a singer, songwriter, guitarist, and a campaigner for the rights of Indigenous Australians. His musical and life partner was Ruby Hunter (1955–2010).

Roach first became known for the song "Took the Children Away", which featured on his debut solo album, Charcoal Lane in 1990. Since then, he has toured around the globe, headlining and opening shows for Joan Armatrading, Bob Dylan, Billy Bragg, Tracy Chapman, Suzanne Vega and Patti Smith. His work has been recognised by numerous nominations and awards, including a Deadly Award for a "Lifetime Contribution to Healing the Stolen Generations" in 2013. At the 2020 ARIA Music Awards on 25 November 2020, Roach was inducted into their Hall of Fame."

Sadly he's dying of lung cancer and won't be able to tour anymore, but his music is so haunting that it deserves to be remembered and passed on after he's gone.

Tagging a few who might be into him or already know his music. @avecigrec @MikeH @Kris @JohnnyCashFan @Yer Ol' Uncle D @TenderLovingKiller®

Oh dang! Price nearly doubles after exchange and shipping up this way, but $86 for 6LP still seems like a helluva deal. I might have to see if there are any left in a week or two!

Arrived. Same mailer. No issues. Looks to be a nice pressing outta QRP. Can't beat that for $15
Yea--I can't say I have had any issues with Walmart vinyl shipping in the past. But I know a lot of times it depends on your nearest distribution center. Even my amazon record purchases lately have been double boxed.

Yea--I can't say I have had any issues with Walmart vinyl shipping in the past. But I know a lot of times it depends on your nearest distribution center. Even my amazon record purchases lately have been double boxed.
My latest Target purchase was sent in a large box with absolutely no padding / plastic air bubble things but the way the record was wedged in the box prevented it from being damaged. Luck was on my side with this one.

My latest Target purchase was sent in a large box with absolutely no padding / plastic air bubble things but the way the record was wedged in the box prevented it from being damaged. Luck was on my side with this one.
it's just a total crapshoot based on where you live. i consider myself lucky lately with it.

Target did this with my Billie Eilish record. I had to get a replacement and they sent it the same way again, but that time the records weren’t warped.

Back