Pre-Order Thread

All the Christian school kids that I detassled over summer break would take some time off to go to the Cornerstone Music Festival in western Illinois. They would be so pumped right now
I was an evangelical at one point and went to an Assembly of God Christian school my senior year. Never went Cornerstone but saw pretty much every major 90's Christian band in concert, most of the Christian bands that I listen to have stopped being Christian at least overtly.

All the Christian school kids that I detassled over summer break would take some time off to go to the Cornerstone Music Festival in western Illinois. They would be so pumped right now.
In the Cornerstone spirit, I am ready for a serious reissue program for Starflyer 59's catalog, particularly post Gold/Silver and up to My Island.

I was an evangelical at one point and went to an Assembly of God Christian school my senior year. Never went Cornerstone but saw pretty much every major 90's Christian band in concert, most of the Christian bands that I listen to have stopped being Christian at least overtly.
MXPX and Five Iron Frenzy were the other big ones I recall. They were cool for Christian school kids. Walking up and down the rows of corn we would have super deep philosophical and theological debates but it was always a fun debate. They would bring me CDs to listen to and though none of the music was my bag I appreciated the effort.

MXPX and Five Iron Frenzy were the other big ones I recall. They were cool for Christian school kids. Walking up and down the rows of corn we would have super deep philosophical and theological debates but it was always a fun debate. They would bring me CDs to listen to and though none of the music was my bag I appreciated the effort.
I know my cousin was into MXPX until she found out that they were a Christian band. The hilarious thing is that she's still a Christian fundamentalist, but they were the "wrong" kind of Christian so my aunt made her throw out their CDs.

I couldn't name it if my life depended on it, but pretty sure I remember liking one of their songs well enough that got some cross over radio play back then.

I saw Five Iron Frenzy in June and they still put on a great show. I was really into ska a lot so it was Five Iron Frenzy and Oc Supertones for me. Audio Adrenaline and Newsboys had a couple good records back then too, but they haven’t aged well. Pedro was considered Christian as well. I bought the Five Iron Dumpster box set last summer. It’s a great vinyl box.

I know my cousin was into MXPX until she found out that they were a Christian band. The hilarious thing is that she's still a Christian fundamentalist, but they were the "wrong" kind of Christian so my aunt made her throw out their CDs.

I couldn't name it if my life depended on it, but pretty sure I remember liking one of their songs well enough that got some cross over radio play back then.
Slowly Going the Way of Buffalo and Life in General were pretty good records. Their songs were not Christian at all per se other than they were a Christian band. None of this head in the clouds stuff that’s for sure.

Slowly Going the Way of Buffalo and Life in General were pretty good records. Their songs were not Christian at all per se other than they were a Christian band. None of this head in the clouds stuff that’s for sure.
When I was a youth leader and teaching Sunday School, I used to ask the kids if it mattered if a band was Christian if say no one could understand what Underoath was saying or if a Third Day song could be about a woman just as easily as it was about Jesus.

When I was a youth leader and teaching Sunday School, I used to ask the kids if it mattered if a band was Christian if say no one could understand what Underoath was saying or if a Third Day song could be about a woman just as easily as it was about Jesus.
That’s why I always appreciated Five Iron Frenzy. They wrote songs about Manifest Destiny like “Old West” and then songs like “Every New Day” which is the best song ever about how hard it is even being a Christian.

View attachment 211248

1723726483155.png

View attachment 211250
I was checking this out the other day, but it's one I'd like to hear first since I'm not familiar with most of the bands on it. Could be good though! I usually like cover/tribute albums. Just too pricey to take a flyer on anymore.

Back