Pre-Order Thread

1724772387213.png

1724772411037.png

View attachment 212205

That went quick

Whatever happened to PJ Soles? It's getting a (long-overdo) re-issue, that's what!

View attachment 212212

Our local premier art-house theater, a non-profit I was on the Bd of Dirs. of until my term expired last week, is doing a Roger Corman retrospective, including R&R High School with PJ Soles in attendance. Sadly, I can’t attend or I’d be able to tell you and Local H what actually happened to her.

It's already out, but I haven't seen it listed anywhere. Studio One recently re-pressed Jackie Mittoo's Macka Fat. You can buy it direct or look for it at other retailers. Via their website: " Taken from the original master tapes. Fully restored 'first edition stereo' version"

Good looks on these! Ended up grabbing 4 from this series at Mississippi Records. They have em for $25 a piece and free ship at $100 + no tax.

New GY!BE coming

from the band:

“THE PLAIN TRUTH==
we drifted through it, arguing.
every day a new war crime, every day a flower bloom.
we sat down together and wrote it in one room,
and then sat down in a different room, recording.
NO TITLE= what gestures make sense while tiny bodies fall? what context? what broken melody?
and then a tally and a date to mark a point on the line, the negative process, the growing pile.
the sun setting above beds of ash
while we sat together, arguing.
the old world order barely pretended to care.
this new century will be crueler still.
war is coming.
don’t give up.
pick a side.
hang on.
love.”

View attachment 212194

So, this is just plain eerie...

I have absolutely no idea why or what thoughts led me there, but driving to work today Dave's death and its extraordinary circumstance just popped into my head...

Olney stopped in the middle of a song and paused, said “I’m sorry,” and “put his chin to his chest,” said fellow singer-songwriter Scott Miller, who was performing with Olney at the 30A Songwriters Festival in Santa Rosa Beach.

“He never dropped his guitar or fell (off) his stool,” Miller wrote on Facebook. “It was as easy and gentle as he was.”

Amy Rigby, who also was on stage with Olney, also wrote a powerful Facebook post.

“He was very still, sitting upright with his guitar on, wearing the coolest hat and a beautiful rust suede jacket … I just want the picture to be as graceful and dignified as it was, because it at first looked like he was just taking a moment,” Rigby said, adding, “We all lost someone important last night.”

Back