The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

Also, kinda felt like Hurts was almost holding back the Eagles offense. If they had a QB who was more on time with his passing that offense would be deadly. Also seems like Travis Jason Kelsey is gonna be sorely missed.

Last edited:
Also, kinda felt like Hurts was almost holding back the Eagles offense. If they had a QB who was more on time with his passing that offense would be deadly. Also seems like Travis Kelsey is gonna be sorely missed.
Last year the issue was against heavy blitz and hesitance to throw into the middle of the field.

Obviously no advanced stats or all 22 and the Brazilian stadium had a super low angle, but he seemed to do above average against the blitz tonight and forced some bad passes into the middle of the field.

The one thing that seems to get ignored with Hurts though is he's essentially an extra blocker in the run game. Even though he sucked as a runner, the edges not being able to collapse opens up the inside game for the RBs. Allows them to take 7+ minutes drives at the end of the game in winning time.

GB probably wins if they convert on short fields in the beginning of the game. But two great games to start the season with expected playoff teams. Would suck if Love was out for extended time for a low percentage desperation play.

Last year the issue was against heavy blitz and hesitance to throw into the middle of the field.

Obviously no advanced stats or all 22 and the Brazilian stadium had a super low angle, but he seemed to do above average against the blitz tonight and forced some bad passes into the middle of the field.

The one thing that seems to get ignored with Hurts though is he's essentially an extra blocker in the run game. Even though he sucked as a runner, the edges not being able to collapse opens up the inside game for the RBs. Allows them to take 7+ minutes drives at the end of the game in winning time.

GB probably wins if they convert on short fields in the beginning of the game. But two great games to start the season with expected playoff teams. Would suck if Love was out for extended time for a low percentage desperation play.
Eagles Defense looks much improved. Obviously, it'll take a bit of time for the secondary to fully gel but but they seemed to be getting home on the pass rush and kept Love to a 50% completion percentage.

I doubt the Love injury is too serious since he seemed to be tenderly walking on it but it looked harsh on the slo-mo replay.

Eagles Defense looks much improved. Obviously, it'll take a bit of time for the secondary to fully gel but but they seemed to be getting home on the pass rush and kept Love to a 50% completion percentage.

I doubt the Love injury is too serious since he seemed to be tenderly walking on it but it looked harsh on the slo-mo replay.
Yeah the explosives were concerning but the down to down and overall play was encouraging. Need more sacks though.

Now I have to try to maintain a cautious optimism that the Bears can get off to a solid start Sunday vs. the Titans. I am a bit anxious because it seems like everyone thinks the Bears are gonna easily handle Tennessee but I have a creeping dread that the Bears are gonna find a way to blow it.

Back