The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project (aka Preachin’ about the Preachers if today’s selection sucks)

5/3/23
452d85af3ad345ec06fcd33fcd03208dd01a2075

The Magnetic Fields - 69 Love Songs

5/3/23

This should count as like 4-5 albums, I think I have listened to this all the way through one time. I applaud the effort but for me I usually just listen to a mix of my favorite tracks as opposed to the whole album.

This should count as like 4-5 albums, I think I have listened to this all the way through one time. I applaud the effort but for me I usually just listen to a mix of my favorite tracks as opposed to the whole album.
Same here, but I do think I like it all even though I gravitate to my favorites. Either way there's enough fire that it ranks high for me

Same here, but I do think I like it all even though I gravitate to my favorites. Either way there's enough fire that it ranks high for me
Oh yeah, releasing 69 song for one project by any artist regardless of their talent is likely gonna be a bloated endeavor but to be honest I feel like Merritt kills it here, he’s much more successful than most would be. It’s a lot but nothing feels like a throw away or a half formed idea and the theme is consistent throughout.

5/3/23

This one is probably on my top five albums of all time!

I've been kinda busy this week, so I thought I would write something more thought through at the end of the week, comparing the weeks' albums. This will be interesting, as I kinda see a theme emerging here, although it's coming from different angles and world views.

This one is probably on my top five albums of all time!

I've been kinda busy this week, so I thought I would write something more thought through at the end of the week, comparing the weeks' albums. This will be interesting, as I kinda see a theme emerging here, although it's coming from different angles and world views.
That's a great idea and I look forward to it!

Back