The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project (aka Preachin’ about the Preachers if today’s selection sucks)

1. De La Soul - Stakes is High
2. A Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory
3. Beastie Boys - Ill Communication
4. DJ Shadow - Endtroducing
5. Outkast - Aquemini
6. The Roots - Things Fall Apart
7. Jurassic 5 - Jurassic 5
8. Common - One Day It Will All Make Sense
9. Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
10. Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Black Star

1. De La Soul - Stakes is High
2. A Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory
3. Beastie Boys - Ill Communication
4. DJ Shadow - Endtroducing
5. Outkast - Aquemini
6. The Roots - Things Fall Apart
7. Jurassic 5 - Jurassic 5
8. Common - One Day It Will All Make Sense
9. Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
10. Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Black Star
That’s 10. Dude asked for 5.

10/5/23
View attachment 183945
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin III

Led Zeppelin is the most Classic Rock band to ever Classic Rock. I always enjoy their albums when I play them but; like Doors and Pink Floyd, I rarely give them a go. I think I listened to these bands too much when I was a teenager that it’s tough for me to get too excited about them now.

Last edited:
Led Zeppelin is the most Classic Rock band to ever Classic Rock. I always enjoy their albums when I play them but; like Doors and Pink Floyd, I rare give them a go. I think I listened to these bands too much when I was a teenager that it’s tough for me to get too excited about them now.

Large chunks of Zep I kinda agree. I own all the albums from when they were reissued and I know everyone rags on them but honestly I’ve no intention on grabbing expensive reissues of good stuff I rarely pull of the shelf.

Saying all that this is the one that I am most drawn too and that id grab semi regularly. The almost folk rock elements make it a really easy album to listen to.

First impressions are great...it's right up my alley. I hear everything from Eddie Hazel to All Them Witches. Can't wait to listen again, probably tomorrow with a couple friends that are coming by.

Please post your reveal post, I'd like to hear why you chose it.

10/5/23
View attachment 183945
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin III

Led Zep III was actually released on this day 53 years ago.

Superb planning @Lee Newman (wink wink).

A really brave and ambitious album coming off the mega popular metal crunch of LZII.

Also contains one of those unwritten rock rules - Friends>Celebration Day must always, always, be played together...

Back