The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project (aka Preachin’ about the Preachers if today’s selection sucks)

Bro…

This is one of Intervention Records gems. AAA cut by KPG pressed at RTI Stoughton tip-on jacket.

Intervention Records goes an amazing job on Reissues I just with they would do more titles.

I have Guilted Palace of Sin and Matthew Sweet’s Girlfriend and both are excellent, worth every penny.
Mine was half that price and I am content. Wouldn’t turn down hearing it though.

1/26/24
ab67616d0000b273303bedcb0e70ac901cf09d43

Thin Lizzy - Live and Dangerous

1/24/24
ab67616d0000b273c6588eca47e1b2c424f6c045

Bill Callahan - Sometimes I wish We Were an Eagle

Loving this.

Had no idea Bill Callahan was anything to do with Smog, nor have I listened to much of their work. I did stumble across Ride My Arrow off Dream River a couple of years back and loved it though, so I really should've got round to digging more.

Picks for me are All Thoughts Are Prey To Some Beast and Eid Ma Clack Shaw

Has a little of the Lambchop vibe around it, and I'm a big fan of theirs, so it's not surprising I like this as well

4/5 I reckon. Will be listening to this again as soon as its finished playing through

Man, I don’t know. I’m giving this a second listen now and it doesn’t do anything for me. It’s not bad, just… I don’t know.🤷‍♀️

Anyhow @Hemotep what albums would you suggest to someone who isn’t super familiar with them. I feel like this isn’t the best representation of the band somehow.

Man, I don’t know. I’m giving this a second listen now and it doesn’t do anything for me. It’s not bad, just… I don’t know.🤷‍♀️

Anyhow @Hemotep what albums would you suggest to someone who isn’t super familiar with them. I feel like this isn’t the best representation of the band somehow.
I didn't even make it through one time. I got to The Boys Are Back in Town and I was good. I felt like I was listening to the same song for 40 minutes straight.

I didn't even make it through one time. I got to The Boys Are Back in Town and I was good. I felt like I was listening to the same song for 40 minutes straight.
There’s an 8 cd version!

This strikes me exactly like Cheap Trick did. On paper, it should be something I like but it doesn’t move me.

I did find the bio on Allmusic fascinating though.

I also feel it doesn’t really even get cooking until Cowboy Song.

Part of the deal is I don’t think it sounds very good. Everything I ve played it on, it sounds like crap. Muffled. Like a club show where the dude at the board has the levels all wrong.

ITT: while the rest of the forums dig their heels into The Smile, I’m all like what’s wrong with me, why don’t I like Thin Lizzy?

Vagabonds of the Western World
Jailbreak (VMP did a great job on this one)

Back