The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project (aka Preachin’ about the Preachers if today’s selection sucks)

6/17/24
View attachment 206095
Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head

I love this album. I was lucky enough to catch Coldplay at a small album kick off show they did for it at Bimbo's 365 Club in SF - the piano was on a separate stage and Chris had to kind of step over the crowd to get to it - here's the setlist:

My favorites are Green Eyes, Warning Sign, Politik, and the title track (I actually think the singles are just ok and Clocks might be my least favorite Coldplay single) I know Coldplay are very divisive but I consider myself a true fan and have some favorite songs throughout their catalog. And they are one of the best live bands I've ever seen!

Last edited:
I love this album. I was lucky enough to catch Coldplay at a small album kick off show they did for it at Bimbo's 365 Club in SF - the piano was on a separate stage and Chris had to kind of step over the crowd to get to it - here's the setlist:

My favorites are Green Eyes, Warning Sign, Politik, and the title track (I actually think the singles are just ok and Clocks might be my least favorite Coldplay single) I know Coldplay are very divisive but I consider myself a true fan and have some favorite songs throughout their catalog. And they are one of the best live bands I've ever seen!
Looking through the reviews on Pitchfork last night, I saw a couple of interesting things. One their highest rated albums are the live ones. It was also interesting that later albums were higher rated than the first two:

I prefer boysenberry over any ordinary jam
I'm a Citizens for Boysenberry Jam fan

This might be my third favourite Simon & Garfunkel record, but it's probably the most unique and interesting and definitely the most melancholic. Love a right 29-minute folk album.
Thing is wild. I did not have my current set up the last time I listened to this. It for sure sounded more like what is on Qobuz, which seems … tame.

Back