The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project (aka Preachin’ about the Preachers if today’s selection sucks)

7/23/24

View attachment 209232
The Saints - Eternally Yours

The Saints are great!

Discovered them in '82 when MTV broadcast a live show. The ol' MTV, they used to show good music and stuff.

The sound evolved and I love everything they've done but this (the clip, not this particular record) was Ground Zero.

Always trust The Reids, and all these other folks too...

I had forgot how good of an album Eternally Yours is. Shame that getting vinyl versions of their first 3 records is pretty pricey now. MOV did Eternally Yours and Prehistoric Sounds recently but I’m Stranded is tougher, though there is a deluxe box set of the first album coming in the fall

Last edited:
I had forgot how good of an album Eternally Yours is. Same that getting vinyl versions of their first 3 records is pretty pricey now. MOV did Eternally Yours and Prehistoric Sounds recently but I’m Stranded is tougher, though there is a deluxe box set of the first album coming in the fall
I did not need to know any of this. I need the fucking Prince estate to tell me what the fuck is going on with Love Symbol so i can budget accordingly.

Wife not a fan. To be fair, we were listening to Tusk previously to this. She said “this is terrible.” I said, “it was a little abrupt.” She then gave me the pursed lips of disapproval.

I've come close to pulling the trigger on this one a couple times recently. I loved it when I listened to it back in December. Will try and give it another play tomorrow.
I’m fairly certain I won’t get a chance to over the hifi. I’m fairly certain my wife will dislike this. It is kind of like an Eno/bowie version of The Books. A Kraftwerk styled prototype of …Entroducing

Back