Vinyl Me, D: A Free Record Club - Year Two Official Thread - 36 Winners - Like The First Post, You're In For 2024 - 108 Free Records Given Away So Far

Yikes. Also twisted: my postage owed item yesterday was a cassette which was clearly marked “media mail” & had like $4.50 in stamps on it, but USPS insisted I still owed $1.12 additional or they were gonna send it back. Someone in the sorting room musta been hungover or extra pissed the day that it came thru…

That musta been a helluva heavy tape.

Was it Melvins - Houdini?

Nah, I have done this many times no problem. And the tape was sent by someone who mails tons of tapes, so they know what they’re doing. I’m guessing USPS just thought it was supposed to be 1st class or Ground or whatever.
that's happened to me a few times with pirateship -- i'll login and the rec'ving PO has said "this isn't media mail, it should be 1st class, you owe us $21" (or whatever) and you contest it and they take the charge off (at least, that's what happened both times with me)

It's too late to stop now. Come getcha some...

VMD Mach III - Three-Headed Dog

Looks like one record made it in less than 24 hours....as it should. Other two are slated for Monday. Maybe they'll sneak in there Saturday somehow.
Yes, D--I got my bonus rekkid & at first thought I had worked some magic after checking the lost one again today & making sure I was signed up for text updates, haha! I will not reveal the title, but will vouch for it's awesomeness (& not just b/c I have a personal connection w/ it!)(y)🔥✨☠️

Yes, D--I got my bonus rekkid & at first thought I had worked some magic after checking the lost one again today & making sure I was signed up for text updates, haha! I will not reveal the title, but will vouch for it's awesomeness (& not just b/c I have a personal connection w/ it!)(y)🔥✨☠️

You'll have to elaborate on the personal connection after the reveal.

Looks like one record made it in less than 24 hours....as it should. Other two are slated for Monday. Maybe they'll sneak in there Saturday somehow.
Mine seems to be a bit lost at the moment - probably a mail carrier issue. But not to worry. I have seen what it was and will still dig in and enjoy while I see if I can track down where or who has the package.

Looks like everything has landed (sadly, one not quite at the correct house but @GStephenH has peeked) so I won't keep everyone waiting...

VMD Mach II Vol. 11...

The clue explained...

Phenomenal choice. I don't have this one on vinyl yet, but I have played the shit out of this on CD (mine, and my old boss's!) A great example of what live albums CAN be, and probably the closest I'll get to actually getting to a Tom Waits show (sadly.) The way some of the tunes are re-worked with his killer live band breathes whole no life into some old classics, and the version of "Circus" on this is 👌

Back