Vinyl Me, D: A Free Record Club - Year Two Official Thread - 36 Winners - Like The First Post, You're In For 2024 - 96 Free Records Given Away So Far

I’ve been on your wheel for months and not been lucky. I’m watching some of the others enviously… but also learning about some great records. You’re a pretty amazing dude.

The Wheel is a fickle mistress, simultaneously fulfilling and crushing dreams with every spin.

As long as economics and mental faculties allow, I'm too deep into this thing to even remotely consider trying to stop it. There will be more chances.

Last edited:
Hey @Melt Face Molly Drop @oldjollymon @panino -

I added a second record on a whim to this month's shipment but had already printed my shipping labels.

If you happen to get nabbed by The Feds with postage due, please let me know so I can reimburse you. Hopefully, they're preoccupied with other folks actually sending heinous shit thru the mail and some measly under weighed records will pass.

Here's a clue for the second LP just for kicks...

PRH.jpg

I added a second record on a whim to this month's shipment but had already printed my shipping labels.

If you happen to get nabbed by The Feds with postage due, please let me know so I can reimburse you. Hopefully, they're preoccupied with other folks actually sending heinous shit thru the mail and some measly under weighed records will pass.

View attachment 206922
1719399955892.jpeg

View attachment 206922
Damn, D--you spoil us x2!! No clue what the clue might mean, but I like it!
Thx again for giving us something in life to look forward to...;)

Place your bets - which package will arrive first -

1. The records traveling 95 miles
  2. The records traveling 3700 miles
  3. Neither as they will both be lost by USPS

At this point, it's a dead heat.
the package travelling 3700 miles has already reached Europe and it's currently in Lisbon!
"only" 1000 miles left!

The eagle has landed. They’re real and they’re fantastic. Both new to me, excited to jump in.

The records traveling 95 miles say (after going 4 days w/o a scan after shipping):
"Moving Through Network / In Transit to Next Facility, Arriving Late"

But hey, it'll be just like D's wheel: when it lands, it LANDS!!

Lookin fwd to the surprise(s), but getting ready to leave town for a wk, sooo...will have to catch up when I get back.

The records traveling 95 miles say (after going 4 days w/o a scan after shipping):
"Moving Through Network / In Transit to Next Facility, Arriving Late"

But hey, it'll be just like D's wheel: when it lands, it LANDS!!

Lookin fwd to the surprise(s), but getting ready to leave town for a wk, sooo...will have to catch up when I get back.

I'm kinda worried about this one.

do we have a winner? do we?
because a shiny package landed here in Dublin!
View attachment 207578
Daniel Bachman - Seven pines
The knitters - Poor little critter on the road

both unknown to me until now, will play shortly and provide feedback.

amazing as always, you're a great and generous man, Uncle!!!!
and now I have some details and first impressions....

the knitters are......
the X (iconic LA punk band) country music side project
and I always, always embrace weird forays in alien music environments.

Daniel Bachman, not to be confused with Watford and Austria goalkeeper Daniel Bachmann, is a folk guitarist.
Wikipedia says Daniel Bachman (born 1989) is an American Primitive guitarist, drone musician, and independent scholar from Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States.
and so far, I like his languid style and drony sound, right down my alley!

the knitters are......

Daniel Bachman, not to be confused with Watford and Austria goalkeeper Daniel Bachmann, is a folk guitarist.
Wikipedia says Daniel Bachman (born 1989) is an American Primitive guitarist, drone musician, and independent scholar from Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States.
more I listen to Daniel Bachman more I like it.
banjo and droning sounds, slide guitar and slow playing.... cool, really cool.
I'm going out on a limb and guess Daniel Bachman was the original choice, with the Knitters being the add on...

the knitters are......

On The Knitters, I found myself thinking that some of the tracks had traces of vocal and general stylings of The Doors. Then, I researched X and sure enough: Ray Manzarek produced their first 4 albums.

Back