Vinyl Me, D: A Free Record Club - Year Two Official Thread - 36 Winners - Like The First Post, You're In For 2024 - 102 Free Records Given Away So Far

Close enough to halfway thru July so you know what that means...

giphy.gif

For the first time in really as long as I can remember, USPS lost a package I sent and it's currently residing somewhere in the ether. For that reason, @oldjollymon is going to be a default winner this month in hopes whatever I send him can make it the whole 95 miles down the road this time.

He needs two runnin' pardners for VMD Mach II Vol. 11...

IMG_5858.jpeg

IMG_5859.jpeg

DM incoming...

Close enough to halfway thru July so you know what that means...

View attachment 208163

For the first time in really as long as I can remember, USPS lost a package I sent and it's currently residing somewhere in the ether. For that reason, @oldjollymon is going to be a default winner this month in hopes whatever I send him can make it the whole 95 miles down the road this time.

He needs two runnin' pardners for VMD Mach II Vol. 11...

DM incoming...
Hey D,
I'm back in town after our trip & found that they did try to deliver but are waiting on the add'l postage, ha! I don't think I can pick it up at this point, but it appears they will try re-delivery again in 1 wk(?), so I should eventually get these. Thx again, will keep ya posted!

Hey D,
I'm back in town after our trip & found that they did try to deliver but are waiting on the add'l postage, ha! I don't think I can pick it up at this point, but it appears they will try re-delivery again in 1 wk(?), so I should eventually get these. Thx again, will keep ya posted!
You should be able to call your local office and see what the deal is and either be able to pick up or have a delivery scheduled.

You should be able to call your local office and see what the deal is and either be able to pick up or have a delivery scheduled.
In my experience the delivery scheduled doesn’t work because the mail deliverers don’t have a way to collect payment. They made me go to my post office home base (finding that was also a pain as the one closest to me isn’t my home base for some reason)

In my experience the delivery scheduled doesn’t work because the mail deliverers don’t have a way to collect payment. They made me go to my post office home base (finding that was also a pain as the one closest to me isn’t my home base for some reason)
No idea. All I’m saying is you should be able to contact your office. I. My experience, the only time the office can’t help is when it’s actually on the delivery truck.

Follow up question, did you try to pay with a card?

No idea. All I’m saying is you should be able to contact your office. I. My experience, the only time the office can’t help is when it’s actually on the delivery truck.

Follow up question, did you try to pay with a card?
They actually didn’t even try to deliver it to me. Just held it up out the gate. I don’t think they want their deliverers messing with that stuff anymore.

Hey D,

It's my fault for adding another record at the last second after I'd already paid and printed the shipping labels. At the same time, I've never had anything like that not get sent back to me instead of going to the black hole that's the Mail Recovery Center.

Hopefully, they'll show. If they do, consider them a bonus for all the grief. I'm leaving you in for August.

Last edited:
It's my fault for adding another record at the last second after I'd already paid and printed the shipping labels. At the same time, I've never had anything like that not get sent back to me instead of going to the black hole that's the Mail Recovery Center.

Hopefully, they'll show. If they do, consider them a bonus for all the grief. I'm leaving you in for August.
Just went to PO & the postage due was actually for sth else😳 so I guess it really did go into the ether. (I thought it was weird that there were no scans, yet I had 2 delivery slips in my box.) No worries though, I will abide…😎

Just went to PO & the postage due was actually for sth else😳 so I guess it really did go into the ether. (I thought it was weird that there were no scans, yet I had 2 delivery slips in my box.) No worries though, I will abide…😎

In a twisted way, this makes me feel better to know a few cents in postage didn't flush two records into oblivion.

I've had this happen to me twice as a buyer.

The first time it was a batch of records I really wanted at a great price and they never showed.

The second time was when that killer deal on the SAS phono cartridges hit. A couple months after shipping I was delivered the original package with the end of the box ripped open and no contents inside but a packing slip.

In a twisted way, this makes me feel better to know a few cents in postage didn't flush two records into oblivion.

I've had this happen to me twice as a buyer.

The first time it was a batch of records I really wanted at a great price and they never showed.

The second time was when that killer deal on the SAS phono cartridges hit. A couple months after shipping I was delivered the original package with the end of the box ripped open and no contents inside but a packing slip.
Yikes. Also twisted: my postage owed item yesterday was a cassette which was clearly marked “media mail” & had like $4.50 in stamps on it, but USPS insisted I still owed $1.12 additional or they were gonna send it back. Someone in the sorting room musta been hungover or extra pissed the day that it came thru…

Yikes. Also twisted: my postage owed item yesterday was a cassette which was clearly marked “media mail” & had like $4.50 in stamps on it, but USPS insisted I still owed $1.12 additional or they were gonna send it back. Someone in the sorting room musta been hungover or extra pissed the day that it came thru…
I don’t think you can mark something media mail and use stamps.

Back