Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Even if they don’t sell out, there’s no guarantee they’ll be back in swaps next month. Shabaka was only a swaption for one month and hasn’t been back since, even though it hasn’t sold out.

Well the plan was to get Big Boi, and only Big Boi. Ended up adding John Lee Hooker and Idris Muhammad. Not sure if I should swap Big Boi for another Jazz Dispensary title...

Right. I clicked through the link on the email and... Wow. I am not a prude, but... I am fairly certain that is the most graphic album cover I've ever seen. I'm sure others more graphic exist, but I've never seen bush on a cover before! :LOL:

I don't like the music enough to buy it, so it's a non-issue for me either way. I was kind of proud of VMP for going the full monty for a rising artist, though. 🤷‍♂️

If we're talking NSFW album covers, I submit Type O Negative's Origin of the Feces (the original cover). There upon you will be greeted with a close-up of a sphincter. Not any sphincter, mind you, but the one which belonged to vocalist/bassist/frontman Peter Steele.

Am I the only one who's heard of The Scorpions?

I did Big Boi, Leon Spencer and Jack DeJohnette. Figured those two sounded more up my alley than Axlerod. Was too late to grab the other two.

Starting to think I should’ve gone for DeJohnette instead of Axelrod but I’m afraid to drop it and redo and find out they’re both gone at this point.

Am I the only one who's heard of The Scorpions?

Stumbled on that once while crate digging and immediately thought Chris Hansen was gonna walk through the door and ask me to take a seat.

Oh man, I forgot swaps was today. Anything interesting popped up?

Edit: Between Mama's Gun and John Lee Hooker, which do you think will sell out first? I'm guessing the Hooker right? 🤔

"Virgin Killer," I assume? You're right. I hadn't thought of that one in a while. Although I would argue that "VK" is a unique kind of terrible that doesn't have much to do with Vox Whatsername.

For what it's worth, VK actually is a really good album, terrible, tasteless album art besides the point.
But it's not their only terrible NSFW album cover. [By far the most offensive, yes.]

For what it's worth, VK actually is a really good album, terrible, tasteless album art besides the point.
But it's not their only terrible NSFW album cover. [By far the most offensive, yes.]
Right. I only own Love at First Sting, which is racy but not really terrible, but I remember another one with a guy's hand stuck to a lady's breast with bubble gum. More ridiculous than terrible, imo, but... yeah.

Back