What's Spinning

Fenton Robinson - Somebody Loan Me A Dime
US First Pressing

IMG_20200525_112213.jpg

I discovered this wonderful album on the VMP Classics thread here. I wanna use this occasion to say thanks to this community here, a whole bunch of my albums I've discovered here or were recommended by members. I will continue to "steal" ideas for my collection, and I hope that soon I'll have enough experience to help out others as well.

Thanks guys! Keep spinning...

Haha yeah! I find that with the roller too on smaller records (I find 10” almost impossible to do) but not with 12”. I do pour a fair bit of water over both the rollers and the brushes whilst filling and maybe the lubrication helps.

It was another forumer who put me onto Halfords and I absolutely agree paying more than is entirely necessary for what is in effect water with the minerals taken out is insane! We’re not running a chemistry lab here!

for the sleeves I order from the US from a company called sleeve city. They’re the best for my money. I wait for a 15% off deal on here (they often come around) and order like 400 a go. They work out more than the mofi by the time I add on shipping and customs but I like them and it’s a once a year/18 months kinda thing.
You know if you up that to five hundred you save ten percent for bulk buying (10 or more)... no idea if you could still use the coupon.

Back