What's Spinning

How does this one sound! I can't wait until my local gets it in! Also, did you get a European pressing or a U.S. pressing? Apparently the European pressing for PJ Harvey's 'Dry' was better in terms of quality control compared to the U.S. pressing!

I like made sure my local had the European reissue pressing for Dry, just to be safe!
Actually both have sounded great to me on first listen, but this'll give me a chance to take a couple more dedicated listens. I had Rid Of Me on pretty loud while cleaning the house yesterday, and the quiet to loud parts scared the crap out of me, but thought they sounded great.

Actually both have sounded great to me on first listen, but this'll give me a chance to take a couple more dedicated listens. I had Rid Of Me on pretty loud while cleaning the house yesterday, and the quiet to loud parts scared the crap out of me, but thought they sounded great.
Awesome, that's great to hear this reissue of Rid Of Me was done well, just like with the Reissue of Dry! 🙌

OMG, I know what you're talking about with the quiet to loud parts! The 4-Track Demos would be even worse with like that with the jump scares! 😆

Even when I was listening to 4-Track demos on my laptop, I turned the volume right up on my bluetooth speaker for "Hook (Demo)" as the first like 35 seconds are very quiet and there's like some melodramatic 50's sounding music playing in the background. And then out of nowhere, the muffled loud guitar came in and I jumped! Scared the shit out of me! And I was like breathing heavy afterwards! 😂😂😂

Back