What's Spinning

Salon Music - Girls At Our Tratt's Best!
View attachment 204066

my favorite japanese new-wave/jangle/shoegaze/lo-fi/indie-rock band. they put out interesting music from 1982 through 2011, none of it released in the US. this is the only way to get their signature tune, "wanna be tied," one of the best shoegaze tracks e-v-e-r

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I have been searching for this band and song for about 25 years now. A friend of a friend was teaching ESL in Japan for a couple of years in the mid 90s. He came back with about a 100 cds. I would go over to their house once a week or so and listen to a cd or 2 before going out. This is before Discogs so I had to rely on my memory for a lot. This was one of the songs. I cannot remember if he had this cd (I don't recognize the cover) or a different compilation or just a cd single but I absolutely loved this song.

Sadly there are a few other bands that I am trying to track down.

I have been searching for this band and song for about 25 years now. A friend of a friend was teaching ESL in Japan for a couple of years in the mid 90s. He came back with about a 100 cds. I would go over to their house once a week or so and listen to a cd or 2 before going out. This is before Discogs so I had to rely on my memory for a lot. This was one of the songs. I cannot remember if he had this cd (I don't recognize the cover) or a different compilation or just a cd single but I absolutely loved this song.

Awesome to find it in the thread!

that’s awesome. i’m not moved to evangelize most bands but this really is a song worth looking 25 years for! the LP is a comp, your friend probably had the CD, M*A*S*H, which is an awesome album that never made it to wax.
1716746619662.jpeg

Back