What's Spinning

Wrong thread?

Red Rocks is always breathtaking.

Also, that's one of the most unenthused crowds I've ever seen in pic 3.
I was asked to post pics in an earlier post.

Having the symphony playing songs took a little time for the crowd to get their bearings as to what was being played so there was often this atypical lull as each song transitioned.

I was asked to post pics in an earlier post.

Having the symphony playing songs took a little time for the crowd to get their bearings as to what was being played so there was often this atypical lull as each song transitioned.

Ah, I missed the earlier post. And the symphony induced confusion makes sense.

cerberus shoal - homb
1719856758243.png
picked this one up in the plaid room sale and am very, very glad i did so.

i wasn't huge on this band in their day but always recognized they were unusual among their post-rock peers, and as my listening has grown to accommodate more of the middle-eastern and tribal influences on their sound, i've been curious to revisit.

musically, it's a lot more compelling and coherent than i remember, with the wide variety of influences and instruments coming together quite beautifully. but i'm almost more blown away by the pressing—this is one of the best sounding records i've heard in a while. music this layered can often sound congested or artifical, but i'm amazed by how much detail and separation there is here. a great example of how an exceptional remaster can really stimulate a more curious and sensitive form of listening—the sonics are really helping me grasp what a unique and special album this is.

IMG_8893.png

Back