What's Spinning

IMG_4548.jpeg

Just starting this one. Nice looking packaging and covers. Shipping box was well designed. Arrived with no damage….

IMG_4549.jpeg

Side one of The First Album already had me turning it up twice. Nice heavy black vinyl. Sounds great. ZZ Top’s music just makes u feel good. And then there are those early concert memories to fall back to.

Last edited:
View attachment 211485

Just starting this one. Nice looking packaging and covers. Shipping box was well designed. Arrived with no damage….

View attachment 211489

Side one of The First Album already had me turning it up twice. Nice heavy black vinyl. Sounds great. ZZ Top’s music just makes u feel good. And then there are those early concert memories to fall back to.
Saw ‘em in ‘69 or ‘70?, when they opened for Bo Diddley. Good times.

You got on board early. Nice. See above. 👆
Yeah, we hadn’t heard of them before the show and I thought they were going to be some sort of takeoff on the ZigZag rolling papers man. When they walked out looking like clean cut cowboys I wasn’t sure what was going on. Billy Gibbons’ guitar had a 6” wide guitar strap completely covered in rhinestones so to my addled brain it seemed like a joke. Then they kicked in and I immediately got it. Man, they were kicking ass! Bo was freakin’ Bo and we walked out of the show feeling like all was right in the world.
Shrine Auditorium in Springfield, MO. The buckle of the Bible Belt and as hippies had targets on our backs so we stayed close to campus.

Back